Who is the best young key forward in the league (25 or younger at the end of this year)?

Who is the best young key forward in the league (born 1995 or later)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Naive..
And, yeah there are only a handful that do. Which is why it’s a big endorsement, as I said, that he receives extra attention only 11 games into his career
You don't know football if you think only a handful of forwards get double and triple teamed when the ball is going in deep into the forward line 😳

You don't know football if you think only a handful of forwards get double and triple teamed when the ball is going in deep into the forward line 😳
Umm dude, do you watch footy? There aren’t many Key Forwards who get tag teamed. Charlie Dixon is the main one that comes to mind. If you think tag teamed is when a ball is Kicked in deep to a contest of 4-5 blokes then that ain’t tag teamed mate.
Tag teamed is when 1 or sometimes Even multiple players effectively play as as a loose or spare in defence to help stop the opposition Key Forward. They leave their man to go and help or sit in the hole when said forward is on the lead or in a 1 on 1.

comprehend champ?

Umm dude, do you watch footy? There aren’t many Key Forwards who get tag teamed. Charlie Dixon is the main one that comes to mind. If you think tag teamed is when a ball is Kicked in deep to a contest of 4-5 blokes then that ain’t tag teamed mate.
Tag teamed is when 1 or sometimes Even multiple players effectively play as as a loose or spare in defence to help stop the opposition Key Forward. They leave their man to go and help or sit in the hole when said forward is on the lead or in a 1 on 1.

comprehend champ?
If you're comparing Max King to Charlie Dixon's level already then that tells me a bit about the Saints camp...

If you're comparing Max King to Charlie Dixon's level already then that tells me a bit about the Saints camp...
When did I say King is as good as Dixon? I really don’t remember saying that?
I was making Dixon an example of someone who gets tag teamed the most.
what is it with you dogs supporters? Bit of an inferiority complex?

When did I say King is as good as Dixon? I really don’t remember saying that?
I was making Dixon an example of someone who gets tag teamed the most.
what is it with you dogs supporters? Bit of an inferiority complex?
By talking about Max King getting 'tag-teamed' and referring to Dixon as one of the 'few key forwards who get tag teamed', it's inferred that you place Max King at that level along with Dixon.

Some Saints supporters are making out like he's got three or for blokes trailing him around the ground to make sure he doesn't get a kick. The reality is pretty similar for most half-decent key forwards, and like you said a team defence will be in place to stop a player's aerial presence. That doesn't make Max King special, you can probably find footage of any average forward and call it '3 blokes tag-teaming him'.

He's a brilliant young player and I love watching him. But lets stop with sprouting BS and watch him develop, alright?

By talking about Max King getting 'tag-teamed' and referring to Dixon as one of the 'few key forwards who get tag teamed', it's inferred that you place Max King at that level along with Dixon.

Some Saints supporters are making out like he's got three or for blokes trailing him around the ground to make sure he doesn't get a kick. The reality is pretty similar for most half-decent key forwards, and like you said a team defence will be in place to stop a player's aerial presence. That doesn't make Max King special, you can probably find footage of any average forward and call it '3 blokes tag-teaming him'.

He's a brilliant young player and I love watching him. But lets stop with sprouting BS and watch him develop, alright?
Talk about a stretch!
Sorry, I shouldn’t talk about any other player when talking about Max, just in case You dogs supporters jump to conclusions, assuming I’m inferring that he’s equal to or better than that player.
give it a rest

Didn’t realise I wasn’t able to talk about him, sorry boss, I’ll just sit and watch him develop and not post here in case it offends you.

Talk about a stretch!
Sorry, I shouldn’t talk about any other player when talking about Max, just in case You dogs supporters jump to conclusions, assuming I’m inferring that he’s equal to or better than that player.
give it a rest

Didn’t realise I wasn’t able to talk about him, sorry boss, I’ll just sit and watch him develop and not post here in case it offends you.
Yeah man I’m real offended. Ya got me

comprehend champ?
Wrong, as I said all tall forwards get that happen to them. To say Max in a rare one is nonsense.

It wasn't deep in the forwardline though and there were 4 on him at one stage.

The way he started the game he looked like he was going to kick 10.
If you think I'm insinuating he isn't looking like being a gun forward you are sadly mistaken. I just don't think you understand that happens to all tall forwards throughout a game.

I'm a massive Oscar Allen fan, but who the * is seriously voting for him (to the point of nearly being even with Max King) when you have the two Kings and Naughton there? Swear to god, every time there's a poll or discussion thread, Richmond or Eagles fans will come in with the blinkers on and not even try to remain unbiased

I'm a massive Oscar Allen fan, but who the fu** is seriously voting for him (to the point of nearly being even with Max King) when you have the two Kings and Naughton there? Swear to god, every time there's a poll or discussion thread, Richmond or Eagles fans will come in with the blinkers on and not even try to remain unbiased
Cue the Noah Balta wankfest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real question is who would you take if you could have any of them, and we all know the answer to that, even if some of you won't admit it publicly.

Max King is the best his brother a tad behind. Naughton is a good mark but leading and forward craft aren’t strengths.

Aaron Naughton could lock it up this season if he stays fit.

Back