Autopsy Who is the biggest sore loser in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

It would have to be Clarko. The moment he loses, he brings out the excuses. I remember when the Dogs knocked his team out and he suggested they won because they were throwing the ball. Blamed the umpiring for not awarding frees. Now he is at it again.

The Scott brothers have to get a mention.

So who is it...discuss.

Problem is there is too much throwing in a game. There is to much blocking where umpires pay to some and not to others, he makes a point to McGlaghlan at his meeting I hope .
That there are lots and lots and lots of problems perplexing coaches and players and probably umpires who adjudicate to the absolute degree of Dennis Cometti's centre metre perfect .
Except that in this game of ours, at speed and force, there is no such thing as centre metre perfect when tackling , etc, but, umpires can change a result with one or two misread frees.
We score TOO many goals these days with free kicks that are SO debatable and at times it makes the game unwatchable and frustrating, when umps pay one thing and another ump doesn't .
And the whistle is a nightmare when you hear it , because you don't know what will be called, the rules committee have allowed a grey area of our game that is so huge that someone needed to speak up, all the coaches need to say the game is gong sideways not forwards by a long shot , and now the media is even talking openly about some of the stupidity in the grey rules and here's my rub , I said on this big footy forum quite a few years back and on many times that umpires will soon be changing results of games. THEY DO , THE EVEN SLOW MOMENTUM, what if , or has it happened , a final is decided by a stupid, put your hand up for "nominating for ruck work", what tripe! What about the diving for the ball in desperation and hitting players below the knee, yes it can create injury , but that's the risk , the wrong bloke got a free against an Adelaide player last night, the lower leg IS NOT SACROSANCT NOW IS IT??????
Does a lower leg injury give you brain problems ten years down the track, no it doesn't. This is a contact sport.

And if any of you heard the umpire at one stage last night, making a comment about a rule, to a player , you would have heard the words "that was two years ago " you can hear him say it.
Well out of the mouth of umpires' comes the knowledge that the AFL rules committee change rules , but not just 2 years ago EVERY BLOODY YEAR,
Good on Clarko I am sick to death of watching football destroyed by over adjudication by well trained but so over enthusiastic umpires who seem to not "feel" the game at that level.

They do a damned hard job true, but the rules people , they are the terror and the demise of what Australian rules is meant to be.

There I've said it again, and Gil needs to be told , by all the coaches and presidents and anyone with influence , because this game can only guarantee a certain rate of safety to players , penalising every one, penalises the fans too.

YES WE HAVE TO STILL WATCH SLING TACKLES AND SERIOUS HEAD HIGH STUFF, but that too is the risk?

Remember that, Gil!
And remember the paying public AFL????

Gil is the man to see too, Longmire, he is the boss .
He gets paid a goddamned fortune so yes he is the person to approach , for the BIG PICTURE!!! Who ever you think Clarko should have seen ,
Gil is number one, whether he actually does anything for his very very high salary I don't know, but I'd love a job like that, the Presidents need to take the league back for the people!

Too many petty 50 metre penalties too. Game killers for nonsense rules!

Horse shut up. One last thing,

THIS GAME IS NOT BASKETBALL.

Cats supporters with their heads collectively in the sand about their beloved one selwood. I can agree about Scott to a degree but if you think he doesn't whinge when it suits him you all have selective hearing. I'll admit Clarko is a sook, absolutely unequivocally and I think you will find most supporters agree. Doesn't affect my viewpoint on what he brings to the club and the game. I wouldn't have it any other way TBH. If that makes me an advocate for doing what it takes to benefit the club than so be it. Fwiw I actually respect selwoods passion and his hatred for losing. It's the constant whinging and complaining to the umps which I dislike and that goes for any player who wants to play footy that way (Sicily needs to be careful).

Cats supporters with their heads collectively in the sand about their beloved one selwood. I can agree about Scott to a degree but if you think he doesn't whinge when it suits him you all have selective hearing. I'll admit Clarko is a sook, absolutely unequivocally and I think you will find most supporters agree. Doesn't affect my viewpoint on what he brings to the club and the game. I wouldn't have it any other way TBH. If that makes me an advocate for doing what it takes to benefit the club than so be it. Fwiw I actually respect selwoods passion and his hatred for losing. It's the constant whinging and complaining to the umps which I dislike and that goes for any player who wants to play footy that way (Sicily needs to be careful).
But whinging to the umpires is not sore losing

Watching the Bris vs Haw game. The Brisbane runner delivers a couple of messages and the game has changed.

Clarko's next meeting with Gill has already been booked as we speak. There will be no more runners from next game onwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This......

Clarko has the betterment of the game at heart. Yes, there is some self interest, but any point he makes is typically focused on the game as a whole. How many blocking free kicks were paid this weekend across the whole round.
Clarko recognises that the game is bigger than the individual.

Sookwood on the other hand has only himself and his self entitled club at heart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back