Moved Thread Who is the greatest, Dangerfield or GAJ By the end of their careers?

Who's career is/was better?

• Dangerfield.

• Gary Ablett Jr.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm thinking dangerfield is catching him.

Ablett hasn't done much in about 5 years. If Dangerfield can continue his form for the next 5 years (and improve his kicking) he might just get him.
Ablett only won GC B & F last year off a handful of games.
Even now, he looks a class above the rest of our team when he puts in.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ablett only won GC B & F last year off a handful of games.
Even now, he looks a class above the rest of our team when he puts in.
Lets not get it twisted and keep it real though, that says more about Gold Coast than it does about ablett. He wouldn't win B and f at Geelong now with a handful of games. I doubt he would win it at any other club either. Gold Coast were just exceptionally crap last yr. (And possibly even just desperate to keep ablett by gifting him the B and f?)

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
geez tigers supporters actually believe this s**t

As a Geelong supporter I strongly believe Selwood (even without his flags and All Australians) has had the better career than Martin. Played at a higher level for far longer.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Once Dangerfields athleticism drops he'll struggle to be successful. He's not a good kick or handball and relies on physicality and speed to dominate. He doesn't turn games with skill but rather force; and that's fine while it lasts. I've noticed this year, he's not having his regular impact and he looks a little bit slower.

Ablett oozes class. He could run a 10 second 20m sprint and still be an effective player.

I love Dangerfield but it's not even a question really.

I think your statement comparing Danger to Snr is almost as silly as the OP.
Not really what I was getting at. Comparisons have been made between Jnr and his dad as to who is better.
If there comes a point when that question can be asked regarding Dangerfield then the comparison between Gaz and Paddy will be valid.

i.e Gaz is so far better than Paddy due to being held in the same company as his dad. That's a level Paddy is yet to reach.

geez tigers supporters actually believe this s**t
Dude I'll let you in on a little hot tip.
Frank rates James Clement as a better player than Enright. Yes you read that right.

His judgment of footballers needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Back