Who is the league's Most Improved Player in 2018?

Who is the league's Most Improved Player in 2018?

• Angus Brayshaw

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • Tom Stewert

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Ed Langdon

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Tom Phillips

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Lachie Whitefield

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Billy Gowers

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

VanDemonxx

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know i didn't include every team's MIP but these are who I think are the league's most improved

From the start of the season to now is has to be Angus Brayshaw.

Lachie Whitfield not really improved apart from natural development. He was an important player niticed less with Scully on the other wing. He has stepped up to a new position primarily of half back.

I'd actually vote Darling on what I've seen. He was never the spud some suggested but he's really stepped up as a scoring threat this year.

Last edited:
Jed Anderson and Daw.

Voted Gowers from that list, but Darcy Gardiner from the Lions would be my pick from an open field. Gone from middling, developing tall support to genuine gun KPD over the space of one pre-season. In 2017 losing Harris Andrews would have been an unmitigated disaster but Gardiner's form has meant they're ok.

Stewart Phillips and Brayshaw are the standouts for me.

Gowers probably the best 'from nowhere' story.

From my club (though not near the top of the pile) Wayne Milera

Also Majak Daw.

If i had to pick im going Stewart. Simply because he went from relative unknown to potentially a starting AA spot.
Stoked for Brayshaw and Daw though. Would've been concerns about their longevity (for different reasons)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought James Sicily had a great season,he stood out every time I seen the hawks this year.
Devon Smith and Tim Kelly being the recruits of the season,was Devon this consistently good at GWS?

Agree with this.

When I saw him play as a backman v Melbourne in the preseason I thought he was terrible but he has turned it around massively.

Has gone from a VFL player on his last chance to a good AFL fooballer. Even more impressive since he has performed up forward and down back.

I will go for Majak Daw and Mason Cox...Watched them go from a waste of space to almost players. Cox seems to have come on in leaps and bounds this year. Can't see him getting much better but he is a credit to himself and C'Wood for what he has achieved...they have stuck with him and it is starting to pay off. Daw I have not seen much of but what I have seen Is a guy with a bit more footy confidence. Absolute beast of a dude and thank goodness he is a fair player ...just a bit more nasty would make him ...lets say hard to deal with. Unfortunately even if he was all the " Soccer Mum's" out there in BF land would want him barred.

From the Lions Darcy Gardiner has massively improved this year, up here he doesn't get noticed but IMO if he was at a Melbourne club he'd be talked about as in AA squad contention.

Can play on smalls and talls and has added intercept marking to his game and improved his disposal and overlap run as well, will be top 3 in our B&F.

Back