Who is the most overrated person in football?

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard Brad Scott referred to as "one of the best coaches in the AFL" over the weekend.

I actually do think he is a good coach, not sure he is one of the best but I think he has done well at north considering the quality of players at his disposal compared to the top clubs during that time.

Always felt like Dyson Heppell has been overrated in how much he impacts games. Still only turns 25 this year but I'd currently have him on the same level as Nathan Jones as a B+ mid.

Did he really start his rebuild last year or were they just really f***in s**t without Fyfe?

In all honesty I think he went one year too many while Pav was still walking without a cane, the rest is history.

It's the continual snipes from the saints that he cant rebuild a list, which everyone seems to jump on, that gets my goat.

Fact is he has never had to but now is having a crack

Personally the rebuild started in round 3 this year, which only highlights how good a coach he really is considering results so far.

Players obviously play for him, heart and soul.

Did he really start his rebuild last year or were they just really f***in s**t without Fyfe?

It's not exactly a full rebuild anyway, they've dropped some plodders like Dawson and Suban to play a few more kids but they still rely on their core of experienced players like Fyfe, Sandilands, Mundy, Walters, Neale and Johnson to do the bulk of the heavy lifting.

With Fyfe and Sandilands back from injury and recruiting some handy players like Brad Hill, McCarthy, Hamling and Kersten they were always going to improve on last year so it's not like Ross Lyon has worked miracles.

It's not exactly a full rebuild anyway, they've dropped some plodders like Dawson and Suban to play a few more kids but they still rely on their core of experienced players like Fyfe, Sandilands, Mundy, Walters, Neale and Johnson to do the bulk of the heavy lifting.

With Fyfe and Sandilands back from injury and recruiting some handy players like Brad Hill, McCarthy, Hamling and Kersten they were always going to improve on last year so it's not like Ross Lyon has worked miracles.

Plugger, every side in the comp needs its senior core to play well to win games.

Chris Scott.

I'm absolutely adamant that anyone could have coached Geelong to a premiership in 2011 given the powerhouse we were.

He's still coaching from the same playbook as what Bomber wrote. The only difference now to then is that we don't have the depth as what we had back then.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Finally someone agrees with me! Let's get married

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give me one, just one example of a club that doesn't rely on their core group of experienced players

Do you even football or are you in a time warp with Nu Zuland, and their national game

Not sure if this individual fits the criteria. But it is football related.

His title suggest great knowledge and accomplishment. Someone believed he was worthy of replacing one of the greatest in their field. His exposure within the football industry suggests he's in great demand...

Given the above, Surely! Surely ! Beyond all doubt, the most overrated person in footy is Mark Robinson. The "chief football writer" for the biggest selling paper in the country. Give me a spell!

If the man were any dumber, we'd have to water him.

Edit: Mark Robinson replacing Mike Sheahan is akin to me replacing Chris Judd.
Mike Sheehan was rubbish too. The first of the Barrett types.

Sickens me that he is so revered in footy circles. Loved when Jacko went off at him even if some of it was misguided. I just wish the AFL media in general would stop promoting such negative types like Caro, Barrett and Sheehan. I want more journos to come through that can write or talk about the game with some style and expertise instead of these gossip columns, segments etc that these clowns love. At least with Robbo I can tell that he is a footy man. I cannot say the same for Barrett and Sheehan. Caro has a footy background so I'll give her that, but gee some of her stuff over the years has been horrid.

Honestly at times I've almost forgotten there has been footy on in the past few years with all the garbage that has been heavily talked about relating to the AFL.

David King gets shat on and I think he's a bloke who thinks too highly of himself but at least he tries to provide some analysis on the actual contest. Can't say the same for many of the blokes in the media out there. Far too interested in getting a headline, letting their own bias get in the way or they just simply aren't made for analysing games on a media platform.

Scott Claytons drafting at the bulldogs wasnt even that good. Agree with the OP

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Plucking five eventual 150+ gamers from the same draft, without a top 10 pick, is pretty good going. The group was only ever just "good" though (just two All-Australian guernseys amongst the five players, both belonging to Bob Murphy, the highest pick of the lot), and Clayton dined out for a very long time on that one draft, without much success outside of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back