Off-topic Who is the most undeserving AFL Hall of Fame Legend?? Let the Bay decide!

Who is the most undeserving AFL Legend?

• D.Baldock

• K.Bartlett

• B.Cable

• J.Coleman

• R.Hart

• A.Jesaulenko

• T.Lockett

• B.Pratt

• B.Robran

• K.Sheedy

• T.Whitten

• G.Ablett or W.Carey if they're ever included

• L.Matthews

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Despite most being solid choices, a number of AFL Legends are at best controversial if not downright dubious inclusions. You be the judge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Football_Hall_of_Fame#Legends

Darrel Baldock - Only man to ever hold up a St.Kilda Premiership in a Collingwood jumper, spot earned for novelty value. TICK
Ron Barassi - Possibly the first chosen. TICK
Kevin Bartlett - No more deserving than Michael Tuck & potentially ineligible on character grounds as the most selfish player in football history. NOPE
Malcolm Blight
- Earned his spot with that legendary goal after the siren against Carlton alone. TICK
Handyn Bunton - 3x Brownlows = automatic inclusion. TICK
Barry Cable - Huh? Played most of his career in Perth and won a pitiful one Norf B&F. Included purely to appease WA fans. NOPE
Roy Cazaly
- You can't NOT have the man described in Up There Cazaly included as a Legend. TICK
John Coleman - Didn't even play 100 VFL games & statistically inferior FF to Coventry & Hudson. Strong candidate for most overhyped player of all time. NOPE
Gordon Coventry
- First player to ever kick the ton & kicked nearly 1300 goals. Only won one B&F which is surprising. TICK
Jack Dyer - 300 gamer and 7x B&F winner, aiight. TICK
Graham Farmer - Changed the way the ruck position was played. TICK
Royce Hart - Inferior CHF to Dermott Brereton and probably a couple of others like Kernehan. Notice a recurring theme of charity Richmond inclusions? NOPE
Peter Hudson
- Statistically the greatest FF ever, kicked 1700+ goals in his VFL & state league career, only player to ever arrive on-field by helicopter. TICK
Bill Hutchison - Who? Oh fine he won 7x B&Fs so I'll grudgingly overlook his Essenscum association. TICK
Alex Jesaulenko - In his entire career won a lousy one B&F, zero Colemans & zero Brownlows. The "Big 4" charity inclusions continue. NOPE
Tony Lockett
- Kicked slightly more goals than Dunstall (only because JD did his knee) despite being an infinitely worse team player & human being. NOPE
Leigh Matthews
- Voted by the AFL as the Greatest Player of All Time. Suck it up haters. TICK
Jock McHale - Coached 8 Premierships, admittedly during the lolworthy "challenge system" years. TICK
Kevin Murray - Brownlow & 9x B&F. TICK
John Nicholls - One of the best rucks ever. TICK
Bob Pratt - Included purely I suspect because he holds the record for a 150 goal season jointly with Hudson, wasn't terribly outstanding otherwise. NOPE
Dick Reynolds
- 3x Brownlows = automatic inclusion TICK
Barrie Robran - Played zero VFL games. Played ZERO VFL games. PLAYED ZERO VFL GAMES!! /Briiiian NOPE
Kevin Sheedy
- Too ******* smug & self-satisfied to be included, I don't give a s**t what he did. NOPE
Bob Skilton
- 3x Brownlows = automatic inclusion TICK
Norm Smith - Second greatest coach of all time behind Clarko. (McHale was carried by the Coventry bros) TICK
Ian Stewart - 3x Brownlows = automatic inclusion TICK
Ted Whitten - Charity inclusion for a minnow club with little else to celebrate? Famous mostly as a media loudmouth & having a stiffy for State of Origin. NOPE

Before the usual cadre of needy Geelong posters inevitably mentions Ablett Snr - No neither he nor Carey have any business becoming an AFL Legend on character grounds.

Last edited:
Barry Hall deserves to go in just for this -

4D0DCF13-6A67-4C68-9B28-1BD5F66F74DB.jpeg

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Are you hinting Lethal was included purely for this brilliant bit of biffery?

ColossalAgonizingEeve-small.gif
No, he was included for paying off his debt to the AFL by making the Bears a success.

I think they’re all bona dude legends in their own right.

Seeing as the OP chickened out of listing the maybloom inductees in the poll (chortle...) I almost voted Lockett for no other reason than he was a hawf supporter as a kid, but choosing not to hold Plugger accountable for his parents misguidance I voted Carey simply because he ****ed his mates wife in the bloke’s own toilet and has a habit to glass chicks who won’t rise to the same classy level.

Can’t wait till Selwood is inducted, the hate filled melts will be more epic than whenever he last captained a finals win. :)

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Kevin Bartlett makes it easily have a look at all the Grand Finals he won for Richmond,a skillful ,fast athlete before his time. Lockett is one the 4 greatest players of all time along with Ablett snr, Carey and Mathews.He was an unstoppable force and had underated skills when the ball hit the ground. BOB PRATT is the odd man out in this lot.

It was a different world.
It was a kinder world.
It was...
I've never seen that before
Holy ruddy s**t!
Neither had I. Probably saw it back when it was broadcast live, but don't remember it.
Got it off captain blood 17 and then uploaded it to my YouTube channel.

Back