Who is the true goat in Tennis ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Said this time last year that Fed couldn't win another one unless Novak and Rafa weren't there.

I haven't seen anything to change that.

Fun fact, unless I'm mistaking, Fed has won 3 titles post 31, Novak is gunning for his 5th on Sunday. Those praying for his decline may be sorely disappointed.
Nadal less of a concern for Federer than Djokovic. When was the last time Nadal beat Federer on grass or hardcourt? Six years ago.

And it's six-and-a-half years since Nadal beat Djokovic on grass or hardcourt.

That's a long time to be clay or bust.

Nadal less of a concern for Federer than Djokovic. When was the last time Nadal beat Federer on grass or hardcourt? Six years ago.

And it's six-and-a-half years since Nadal beat Djokovic on grass or hardcourt.
Cool.

Have they played heaps since then or only around once a year?

Cool.

Have they played heaps since then or only around once a year?
If you look at the recent record, Nadal is the one struggling to beat the other two, particularly away from clay.

Look at the list of Nadal's Grand Slam wins since the end of 2013. He remains dominant in Paris but other than that it's two US Opens in 2017 and 2019, and he didn't play Federer or Djokovic at either.

Last edited:

If you look at the recent record, Nadal is the one struggling to beat the other two, particularly away from clay.

Look at the list of Nadal's Grand Slam wins since the end of 2013. He remains dominant in Paris but other than that it's two US Opens in 2019 and 2019, and he didn't play Federer or Djokovic at either.
Yeah.

Look at the list of Nadal's Grand Slam wins since the end of 2013. He remains dominant in Paris but other than that it's two US Opens in 2019 and 2019, and he didn't play Federer or Djokovic at either.
He's so good he won the same tournament twice in a year?

Also he can only beat who's in front of him. Nadal is clearly a far superior player to Federer right now based on Federer's lousy showing the last week.

Also he can only beat who's in front of him. Nadal is clearly a far superior player to Federer right now based on Federer's lousy showing the last week.
The other poster suggested Federer is only in contention if the other two big guns aren't there. My point is that the record suggests this is more true of Nadal, French Open aside. If Djokovic withdrew before Wimbledon, who would be the favourite?

Federer is 6-1 against Nadal since the start of 2017.

Granted, Federer probably doesn't have that much gas left in the tank.

Nadal's absence is not required for Federer to have a chance. Unless it's the French.
Nadals absence isn't required once I apply qualifiers to that statement.

Cool 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Djoker is just the sensation, and the nice dude.. He doesn't have to be perfect buy he has to be less than intimidated..

He works his way around the court and signs his name and then he is done..

I was with you with Federer... he was not happy and he was naturally quite offended at his own demeanour or else his 'worth as a human being'..
Now that is terribly sad but well times come to an end.. He probably hasn't come to a point of 'the end'...

I thought he was done years ago but he keeps surprising

The other poster suggested Federer is only in contention if the other two big guns aren't there. My point is that the record suggests this is more true of Nadal, French Open aside. If Djokovic withdrew before Wimbledon, who would be the favourite?

Federer is 6-1 against Nadal since the start of 2017.

Granted, Federer probably doesn't have that much gas left in the tank.
Sure, ever since Nadal tapered off in 2015-2016, Federer has had the better of him on non-clay. At his peak though, Nadal still beat him on his favorite surface multiple times. Meanwhile Federer has never been even remotely close to Nadal on clay.

Sure, ever since Nadal tapered off in 2015-2016, Federer has had the better of him on non-clay. At his peak though, Nadal still beat him on his favorite surface multiple times. Meanwhile Federer has never been even remotely close to Nadal on clay.
me thinks Federer is taking the long road home... and me thinks it is 'joker'... is a word delivered to the masses that he is canny enough to
wind up in the winners box... It is always a losers tragedy with the Australian open.someon has to die first and die hard.. so to speak...

it is not dying but it is countering the sweartshirts and getting under cover...

That's not what we're talking about. Djokovic is the obstacle to Federer winning another major, rather than Nadal. If you want to have a different discussion that's fine but that's the point that was being discussed.

That's not what we're talking about. Djokovic is the obstacle to Federer winning another major, rather than Nadal. If you want to have a different discussion that's fine but that's the point that was being discussed.
Except of course the French Open?

Didn't you say you admit Federer is running out of gas? Help me follow you here.

Do you believe Federer in present state current state would've knocked Nadal out of the Australian Open?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back