Review Who is to blame for our disgusting selection policies?

Who is to blame for our selection policies?

• Don Pyke

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Scott Camporeale

Votes: 42 37.5%
  • Matthew Clarke

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • David Teague

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • James Podsiadly

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Heath Younie

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Ryan O'Keefe

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Tate Kaesler

• Paul Thomas

• Nathan van Berlo

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Brett Burton

• Andrew Fagan

• Rob Chapman

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Our selection policies are fine

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I will admit though, the general consensus is that we're gladly picking Mackay, but unfortunately it could also be that they're not thrilled with picking him also, but it's a "best of a bad situation" type thing and they truly believe that picking another player will leave us with two many deficiencies elsewhere.

The mixed messages aren't helping and if that's the case they absolutely need to task Burton, Reid and Ogilvie with finding us that better option (or at least another one since Seedsman is hurt).

I'll pass my judgement after the game if that's OK.
Bump Bicks, you defended Mackays selection by saying you will pass judgement after the game. Nothing to do with going in too tall.

How did you think he went? Would we have won by a similar margin had we played Galluci instead? Or was Mackay the difference with his 58% disposal efficiency?

Bump Bicks, you defended Mackays selection by saying you will pass judgement after the game. Nothing to do with going in too tall.

How did you think he went? Would we have won by a similar margin had we played Galluci instead? Or was Mackay the difference with his 58% disposal efficiency?

I think we would have won by only 16 goals with Gallucci in the side

Come on Galluci didnt set the world on fire last week as much as everyone wanted to wear their rose colored glasses he battled even against the worst team in the comp

He will be a player I have no doubt but just not yet, not really dissimilar to Milera last year he battled but is stepping up this year

Come on Galluci didnt set the world on fire last week as much as everyone wanted to wear their rose colored glasses he battled even against the worst team in the comp

He will be a player I have no doubt but just not yet, not really dissimilar to Milera last year he battled but is stepping up this year
So did Mackay set the world on fire last night? Was his 58% disposal efficiency important to our thumping last night? What was more important for Mackay to be gifted another game or give Galluci another game to see what he could produce in his second game of AFL.

By the way, Galluci's game against Brisbane was better than Mackays against Melbourne.

You can keep on trying to draw me into the Mackay shitfight all you like, you're just wasting a lot of energy because I'm not prepared to single out a player for disappointing losses like some are on Big Footy. Fact is I'd prefer we played Wigg or Beech [Both far more deserving of a call up than Gallucci] over Mackay but I'm not going to go on a Big Footy crusade over the right or wrong of Mackay's continued selection like some. And the thread you took that quote from was "Who is to blame for our disgusting selection policies?" by the way. 8 -2 tells me they get it right far more than we like to admit.

Idk, I reckon Gooch could slot a goal from 10 meters out on a slight angle. Might even add a goal to the tally
Yeah, well I've seen him miss plenty that he should have slotted too, in fact if you care to do some research his goal kicking was one of the ??? in draft discussions.

So did Mackay set the world on fire last night? Was his 58% disposal efficiency important to our thumping last night? What was more important for Mackay to be gifted another game or give Galluci another game to see what he could produce in his second game of AFL.

By the way, Galluci's game against Brisbane was better than Mackays against Melbourne.

Remind me who was the biggest Hack against Melbourne and if you say Mackay you arent being honest

Remind me who was the biggest Hack against Melbourne and if you say Mackay you arent being honest
Was he the other guy who got dropped, played sanfl and the club assessed his form was good enough to come back?

You can keep on trying to draw me into the Mackay shitfight all you like, you're just wasting a lot of energy because I'm not prepared to single out a player for disappointing losses like some are on Big Footy. Fact is I'd prefer we played Wigg or Beech [Both far more deserving of a call up than Gallucci] over Mackay but I'm not going to go on a Big Footy crusade over the right or wrong of Mackay's continued selection like some. And the thread you took that quote from was "Who is to blame for our disgusting selection policies?" by the way. 8 -2 tells me they get it right far more than we like to admit.
But you did draw yourself in, you responded to a post about Mackay and said you'd wait until the game to judge. Well you saw, aren't you in a position to now judge?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you did draw yourself in, you responded to a post about Mackay and said you'd wait until the game to judge. Well you saw, aren't you in a position to now judge?
You be like..;)

CSaUMg.jpg

Yeah, well I've seen him miss plenty that he should have slotted too, in fact if you care to do some research his goal kicking was one of the ??? in draft discussions.
Shock horror, a junior footballer misses goals D:

So you want to give a 28 year old the position to miss goals in the AFL, but not a promising junior because he missed goals in junior footy...

You realise players arent defined by how they were pre-draft? Probably better to judge after 100's of games of A class spud than to judge after TAC cup footy.

So you want to give a 28 year old the position to miss goals in the AFL, but not a promising junior because he missed goals in junior footy...

You realise players arent defined by how they were pre-draft? Probably better to judge after 100's of games of A class spud than to judge after TAC cup footy.

No I want knight in and that's it players like Cheney Hampton Menzel will have to force there way in Galluci isn't ready especially if we are truly having a crack at the flag

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

None of which changes the fact that there are ??? on Gallucci's goal kicking and that has zero to do with Mackay, but carry on looking for references to heap s**t on Mackay if it makes you feel better. Just seems to be reaching obsession levels on here and permeating almost every thread when there are far more positive things to be talking about.

None of which changes the fact that there are ??? on Gallucci's goal kicking and that has zero to do with Mackay, but carry on looking for references to heap s**t on Mackay if it makes you feel better. Just seems to be reaching obsession levels on here and permeating almost every thread when there are far more positive things to be talking about.

Totally agree I thought the crows got their mojo back last night

Although Ross Lyon needs to answer a few questions what we've seen of freo over the last 7 weeks they are better than that or was it just we were brilliant

So you are not at all frustrated that we gift games to a senior perennial underperformer rather than give games to someone with potential for growth?

Question marks are just that, question marks. Gooch hasnt had the chance to answer those question marks yet because he has played 1 game of AFL level football. Old mate Dmac has had 100's of chances and has well and truley answered his ???. Unfortunately the answer is that he isnt up to AFL standard in any role, thus Gooch should be given a chance to answer these pre-draft questions, rather than Dmac re-confirming it for us week in, week out.

So you are not at all frustrated that we gift games to a senior perennial underperformer rather than give games to someone with potential for growth?

Question marks are just that, question marks. Gooch hasnt had the chance to answer those question marks yet because he has played 1 game of AFL level football. Old mate Dmac has had 100's of chances and has well and truley answered his ???. Unfortunately the answer is that he isnt up to AFL standard in any role, thus Gooch should be given a chance to answer these pre-draft questions, rather than Dmac re-confirming it for us week in, week out.

You not a fan of pykes coaching and selection?

I have no problem at all dropping Mackay, but IMO both Wigg and Beech are far more deserving of a call up on SANFL output than Gallucci...and after yesterday add Doedee to that pair. Gallucci had his taster against Brisbane, a game the selection panel obviously thought was good for Jordan's development, that said Jordan's game didn't have the must be picked next week feel to it to my eye. He had several noteworthy possessions and showed a couple of nice moves but hardly knocked the selection door down.

I have no problem at all dropping Mackay, but IMO both Wigg and Beech are far more deserving of a call up on SANFL output than Gallucci...and after yesterday add Doedee to that pair. Gallucci had his taster against Brisbane, a game the selection panel obviously thought was good for Jordan's development, that said Jordan's game didn't have the must be picked next week feel to it to my eye. He had several noteworthy possessions and showed a couple of nice moves but hardly knocked the selection door down.

Beech is clearly the best performing seconds player would you add knight to that list I thought he was ok yesterday probably needs a big game to force his way in

Just jumping in late here people's..... We are top of the ladder right ? So the proof is in the pudding, ja ?

Back