Who is to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no doubt that discourse went down with his election as LoO, and I would argue that since his removal as PM a sense of decency has come back to political debate in this country noticeably absent during his time in charge. Question Time is still willing but that's just theatre, the close your eyes and swing blindly style of politics from our Tone isn't missed all that much it's fair to say.
The Australian public is to blame. Especially those who mostly post on SRP.

Definitely Turnbulls dad. And Abbotts dad too. Infact Bishops dad could be the worst of them all. Who would raise someone to ruthlessly escape rewarding compensation to dying asbestos victims.
Why is it her Dad's fault?
I have three daughters who were in the car with my wife last week. They drove past two Labor supporters waving placards. When they saw them they opened the window and started booing at them. These poor ladies were shocked.
Now, my wife and I have never said who we vote for. This reaction was sparked by the Liberal candidate, David Janetzki, visiting the school. They like him because apparently he's a very nice person and he listened to them.
I have always encouraged my children to have an open mind and to look for the truth. You can't always blame the parents, Benny!

Why is it her Dad's fault?
I have three daughters who were in the car with my wife last week. They drove past two Labor supporters waving placards. When they saw them they opened the window and started booing at them. These poor ladies were shocked.
Now, my wife and I have never said who we vote for. This reaction was sparked by the Liberal candidate, David Janetzki, visiting the school. They like him because apparently he's a very nice person and he listened to them.
I have always encouraged my children to have an open mind and to look for the truth. You can't always blame the parents, Benny!
Not quite sure that is accurate, kids are always tuning in when you don't realise. You would be surprised.

My grandchildren's parents are staunch Liberals and well you know who I vote for and I rarely if ever discuss politics with them and they never liked Abbott, believe in Climate Change, the older one (girl now 13) like Gillard and support SSM (because of gay neighbours) just to name a few topics. Some of the things they talk about surprise me and I have been warned by their parents not to influence them, so respond to them by asking why they think like that to get them to think and look at why they come to that view.:) Kids are so much smarter nowadays.

Kids hear everything either via their parents or media.

Not quite sure that is accurate, kids are always tuning in when you don't realise. You would be surprised.

My grandchildren's parents are staunch Liberals and well you know who I vote for and I rarely if ever discuss politics with them and they never liked Abbott, believe in Climate Change, the older one (girl now 13) like Gillard and support SSM (because of gay neighbours) just to name a few topics. Some of the things they talk about surprise me and I have been warned by their parents not to influence them, so respond to them by asking why they think like that to get them to think and look at why they come to that view.:) Kids are so much smarter nowadays.

Kids hear everything either via their parents or media.
It is true, Maggie. Not trying to be mean but my wife asked them why they were booing them. They said they thought it was funny, no malice involved, and they like the LNP candidate because he visited the school.
I have heard he's quite nice. You would hate him and like him all at the same time Maggie.

It is true, Maggie. Not trying to be mean but my wife asked them why they were booing them. They said they thought it was funny, no malice involved, and they like the LNP candidate because he visited the school.
I have heard he's quite nice. You would hate him and like him all at the same time Maggie.
I didn't disbelieve you Lebbo, just saying that I am surprised what they pick up when you don't think they are listening and also the media plays a part.

This graph is quite telling. You don't have to go too far to the depths of the internet to see how extreme people's views are becoming.

20171104_FBC910.png

These results seem counter-intuitive. I'd suggest the right has gone more extreme, but this says otherwise.

What is astonishing is how far to the left Democrat voters have supposedly moved while the party has tilted more to the centre-right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back