Who is umpiring Friday ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chamberlain, Deboy and Nicholls.

We are screwed - AFL are all over Collingwood getting in

There is absolutely no way, in hell, Chamberlain gets a gig as the 2nd best umpire in the league based on his performance. His performance in the finals so far has been nothing short of deplorable.

If there is one thing i have learned in my near 40 years is - the only way a clearly incompetent person gets to the top - is by being the biggest, slimiest, little "yes" man who does all his superiors dirty work.

Last edited:
We are screwed - AFL are all over Collingwood getting in

I will laugh if that's the three when it's announced tomorrow but honestly it doesn't matter.

If our 22 play well enough these 3 or any other 3 given the job doesn't matter.

For your peace of mind though Mark Stevens did say Razor Chamberlain was on a plane to Perth so I think we won't have him.

They'll probably be courupt anyway. Wait, seriously man, wake up!!!!!
That's the philosophy of some West Coast supporters.

Relax. We have taken it dry all year. Friday night we will go in hard and win.

I hope you are right, but his performance so far has had "script" written all over it. The Cats v Dee's game, followed by the Pies Vs Giants match. Both games were absolutely slayed by one-sided umpiring if the first quarter that set up match winning leads. Then it settled, evened up - but every time the Cats or Giants charged later in the match - the key calls happened again that held off the swing.

I know this sounds very tin foil hat, but all year ive been watching games and something just stinks.... the common factor in the majoirty of them tho - Ray.

How else does this squib get the big games? Even the C7, well trained, commentators have make tounge in cheek comments about how bad he is - what other umpire constantly gets referred to just as his first name?

I think 1 team is going to get a very good run on Friday, i hope it is us - but my gut says its not. Even the afl website quite enjoyed pointing out today that the Pies train session was open and full of cheering fans with sunlight beaming on their faces - while richmonds was closed behind to the public, hidden behind cyclone wire fences.

I will laugh if that's the three when it's announced tomorrow but honestly it doesn't matter.

For your peace of mind though Mark Stevens did say Razor Chamberlain was on a plane to Perth so I think we won't have him.

hahaha - i thought it was already annoucned - i took that bait bigtime.

I stand by what i said tho = that guy is a match fixer for the AFL - slimey little Yes who does their dirty bidding

A Collingwood fan ran over Stevics dog, it was ok though, but when the Collingwood fan backed up he finished the job :( hates Collingwood, still rather him than Smidt though, that campaigner downright cheats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Collingwood fan ran over Stevics dog, it was ok though, but when the Collingwood fan backed up he finished the job :( hates Collingwood, still rather him than Smidt though, that campaigner downright cheats.

Hopefully we get a game, with about 15 free kicks total and zero controversy. I have no doubt that both teams will put on a show for ages that we all will enjoy - be it one team ultimately more than the other. The only thing that can ruin it is the umpires

I cant recall a final series where so many of the games have been so talked about in regards to umpiring No offence to you guys, but you got a dream run, especially early - against the Giants. Dee;s got an even better run against the cats. Both teams represent the "Cinderella" of the story.

They may well let our game go and see what happens. If Richmond win, i dare say the Dee's are a hot chance to get a good run. If the Pies win - then it could be the Eagles - they will want 1 Cinderella there.

Hopefully we get a game, with about 15 free kicks total and zero controversy. I have no doubt that both teams will put on a show for ages that we all will enjoy - be it one team ultimately more than the other. The only thing that can ruin it is the umpires

I cant recall a final series where so many of the games have been so talked about in regards to umpiring No offence to you guys, but you got a dream run, especially early - against the Giants. Dee;s got an even better run against the cats. Both teams represent the "Cinderella" of the story.

They may well let our game go and see what happens. If Richmond win, i dare say the Dee's are a hot chance to get a good run. If the Pies win - then it could be the Eagles - they will want 1 Cinderella there.
Like that would ever happen, the umps think there's a gold medal for the most frees paid, if they aren't paying frees they feel they aren't doing their job, i have no doubt they feel they're as big a draw card as the players.

It’s announced...Ive literally posted who it is

It’s rosebury Stevic and Ryan

Stats show Collingwood has massive free kick advantage over Richmond in 2018

RICHMOND will take the worst free kick imbalance in 20 seasons into Friday’s preliminary final courtesy of its midfield game plan and aggressive marking tactics.

The Tigers have won 119 fewer free kicks than their opponents this year -— ranked 18th in the competition, the biggest imbalance of any team since 1999.

By contrast they take on Nathan Buckley’s disciplined Pies, a team that is ranked No.1 for free kicks after winning 104 more frees than it has conceded.

Yet it is apparent Richmond’s lack of free kicks is less about the rub of the green than a particular style that has won the Tigers 19 games so far this season.

Richmond is also ranked No.18 in clearances despite its brilliant performances, playing a midfield style that often sees them losing the clearance but then aggressively tackling the ball carrier to ensure the ball isn’t released into space.

They have given away 58 free kicks for a high tackle when attempting a tackle — the most of any team.

The conceding of free kicks is a necessary evil for Richmond’s players — when a team puts frenetic pressure on the ball-carrier it is bound to at times cross the line.

Richmond has given away 95 more free kicks in the midfield zone than it has conceded (No.18 in the AFL), while the Pies are plus 61 (No.1 in the AFL) in that area of the ground.

Tigers defenders have a licence to fly for marks but also concede huge free kick numbers as they try to win the ball back from the opposition.

They have given away 160 free kicks in marking contests — 10 more than any other side.

The Tigers have given away 21 more free kicks than any other side for a push in the back in a marking contest and the second-most free kicks for holding the man in a marking contest.

upload_2018-9-20_0-2-23.png

Rivals have noticed the Tigers defenders often attempt to turn their opponent in a marking contest, often with subtle use of the hands to move them away from the drop zone or take away their balance.

But they also fly for the ball when they have the chance — Alex Rance has given away 31 free kicks for the year (the third-most for Richmond) but has also won a team-high 39 free kicks for the year.

In recent weeks the Tigers have won against Geelong despite a 15-23 free kick imbalance, beaten Essendon despite a 15-27 free kick count and just survived against the Dogs despite losing the count 10-20.

upload_2018-9-20_0-2-48.png

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick conceded before the qualifying final win over Hawthorn the Tigers didn’t always get the balance right around the stoppages.

“Ideally we’d love to win the ball at stoppages, we’re (ranked last) but we’re also (ranked last) for free kicks,” Hardwick said.

“We’re giving away a lot of free kicks at stoppages and that’s the reason we’re losing stoppages.

“We’ve just got to be a little bit more careful with our aggression around the ball.”

Dustin Martin has broken 42 tackles this year with his famous “don’t argue” — well down on the 83 he managed last year, and has been caught holding the ball 12 times (down from 20 in 2017).

upload_2018-9-20_0-3-21.png
Source: Champion Data. Numbers for home-and-away season.

That article totally simplifies the whole thing to the point of stupidity. We are DOUBLE the differential in a negative than the 2nd worst team - that's a huge, huge HUGE difference between the 2 worst teams. Last year we played a very similar style and our differential was -58 - its over doubled in 12 months

I'd be more interested to see our free kick differential by halves this year. Cos it sure as hell has seemed like in the first half we get slaughtered and the game stays close .... and the second half its about 50/50, as we run over them.

This would have to be the worst Free kick differential in history - surely.

And why is this not more of a story? When the reigning premierover doubles their free kick differential, in the negative, the following year and actually INCREASES their dominance in the league .... how the F are footy reporters not talking about how the heck that is even possible! How can a team give have the worst differential in history & improve ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back