Who is your 2022 AFL grand final pick

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am trying to think of a player we can name the cup after but I am genuinely struggling to think of a single player that has played for both Sydney and Fremantle. I wonder if Beatson even knows the name of the Fremantle list manager, or if he lost his number years ago and is too embarrassed to ask for it again.

Logan McDonald cup ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
As long as the two clubs who conned 4 flags between them in the early 00’s don’t win, I’ll be happy. I’d rather watch Hawthorn and Collingwood win every flag for the rest of my existence than see clubs who got extra salary in the past win one ever again.

I don’t mind non Victorian clubs but Sydney and Brisbane are the worst things about the AFL.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
We are 2 gun mids short I feel. I'll say Melbourne vs Carlton. Sydney a Smokey. Would never count out Richmond and hope for St Kilda.
Only short if you no longer consider Selwood and Danger guns but brave person to count them out, IF , they made the grand final.
I certainly think it not been developed enough of younger mids in recent years. Should have tried to develop Charlie Constable at some point, although he still to break into Suns side after back from injury.

Melbourne and Brisbane most likely as been up there in recent times so should have more know how at pointy end of finals matches to get over the line enough times to make the grand final.
We are an outsider and rely a lot on injury run to stop which has never happened. If we were to get back all of Weiters, McKay, Pittonet, Mitch, Marchbank, Zac Williams and Cunningham we would be in with a shot but that requires a lot of luck to go our way at this point and no further injuries and them all getting back. We are way too vulnerable and inconsistent within games to think we make the grand final this year. I think it way more likely in 2023 for us but will not give up hope luck could change. I just think on balance of everything it Demons and Lions the most likely for 2022.

Depends on whether Brisbane finishes top two, won't make the grand final if they have to win interstate.

Melbourne will get over their down patch, same way they did last year. Whether they make another GF will depend on at least one KPF finding some semblance of form, and the midfield occasionally lowering their eyes going inside 50.

Freo will be thereabouts, but feel like it's a year early for them to really give the flag a shake. If Fyfe comes in, stays healthy and hits his straps though, they're well placed.

I like Sydney, and they play a brand that will hold up in finals. Questions on their midfield depth though.

Geelong will do their usual. Thereabouts, but not quite good enough. Again, midfield isn't strong enough.

Carlton and St Kilda could win a final or two, but Carlton will really struggle to make top four with their injuries. St Kilda are a fairly cohesive unit, but lack talent compared to the real contenders.

The Dogs aren't making it with their complete lack of key position talent.

Really wide open when you think about it, with each team having significant question marks.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
In order of likelihood, these are my Top 8:

Melbourne
Freo
Brisbane
Saints
Carlton
Sydney
Geelong
Richmond

Hoops

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2004
Forever in contention
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vixens
Melbourne V Fremantle - Jeff Farmer Cup - or the Wizard cup. Where have I heard that before:think:

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Cats most experienced list in the competition.
Their only real issue is ruck is a bit hit and miss. Whether that holds them back again, time will tell.
In the mix as it very open. Still just favour Demons and Lions as have more bases covered in team structure out of all the teams in top 8.

Have Melbourne v Freo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back