Geelong
St Kilda
Collingwood

Prelims
Melbourne def Richmond
Fremantle def Geelong

Premier
Melbourne

I could be way off here but I feel like an issue with Fremantle is star power. Fremantle is a balanced team but it is missing the really top-quality players that premiership teams usually have.
They become stars by playing well in the finals normally.

But your right we’d only have one AA at this point in the season which is very unusual for a top 4 team.

I could be way off here but I feel like an issue with Fremantle is star power. Fremantle is a balanced team but it is missing the really top-quality players that premiership teams usually have.
I'd probably go: Fyfe, Brayshaw, Mundy, Darcy as "stars known across the comp", but the main star is our structure and ability to carry out the game plan with everyone buying in fully.

As someone else said, I'd add at least 3 more to that from the current side if we win the big one.

Oh also forgot the Purple Deity that is Bailey Banfield (he's basically an AFL superhero as written by Stan Lee).

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spoken like a true clueless Sydney supporter who forgets how many foot soldiers propelled their side to premiership glory back in 05’

Dual Brownlow winning utility and captain back next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne beaten in consecutive weeks at their home deck, season is definitely open now. They're still playing off in minimum a preliminary final.

Brisbane much the same, definitely missing daniher.

Fremantle need a home preliminary final to make it and will be hard to win against a victorian side, only gonna get stronger with fyfe coming back

Geelong seem to need their forwards firing. When they are they look really strong, missing a ruck, how far will that get them?

The premier comes from the top 4, that being said, anyone from here to 7th you could make a really strong case for.

My pick would be Melbourne against Fremantle. Freo should get home finals and win them both, huge advantage for them.

Melbourne beaten in consecutive weeks at their home deck, season is definitely open now. They're still playing off in minimum a preliminary final.

Brisbane much the same, definitely missing daniher.

Fremantle need a home preliminary final to make it and will be hard to win against a victorian side, only gonna get stronger with fyfe coming back

Geelong seem to need their forwards firing. When they are they look really strong, missing a ruck, how far will that get them?

The premier comes from the top 4, that being said, anyone from here to 7th you could make a really strong case for.

My pick would be Melbourne against Fremantle. Freo should get home finals and win them both, huge advantage for them.
If it doesn't rain for the rest of the year .. we have been atrocious in the rain

If it doesn't rain for the rest of the year .. we have been atrocious in the rain
Yeah, think the players definitely struggle to adapt to the rain, the game style Carlton play isn't sustainable during wet weather games. In close handball, to a player on the outside, long direct kick to a marking player, overlap run, long kick again to a either Curnow or McKay.

Weather is usually fantastic around finals though, but in saying that, you've gotta make it. Two games ahead of 9th, would be a monumental * up to miss from here imo. Dogs or Richmond are the only sides to come in and take Carltons spot.

Honestly there’s some truth to that which is why it’s so hilarious that people are questioning how Fyfe comes back in, he’s exactly the kind of star power we will need for finals.

Right now Freo are the form team in the comp and they deserve the respect. So I would think it is going to be:-

Freo vs Melb or Lions or Saints.

I feel the Lions need to finish top 2 or they will not make it.
Melbourne need a solution up forward otherwise they can't beat Freo (fantastic defence they have).
Saints are the absolute wild card.

I am trying to think of a player we can name the cup after but I am genuinely struggling to think of a single player that has played for both Sydney and Fremantle. I wonder if Beatson even knows the name of the Fremantle list manager, or if he lost his number years ago and is too embarrassed to ask for it again.
Johnny Hutton cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back