Who is your 2022 AFL grand final pick

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wow what a prediction. The two favourites, followed by the third favourite. How did you do it?! Teach me master!

How did I do it?? Ok this is what I did... I watched most games this past month and I believe Geelong are the best team by a mile... In fact I think they should win it all.
I also believe Melbourne will come good, starting this week by flogging Collingwood.
That makes me think they will finish top two.... and I can´t see anyone beating either of these two sides and the mcg.
Sydney have an easy draw and if they somehow get two home finals they could make the Grand Final.

Thats how I did it son. By watching and observing current form and thinking about who has the best forwards, mids and backline.

I feel like you don´t like my predictions. Would it make me cooler if I said Brisbane v Pies or Saints v Freo?
But the OP asked a question and I answered with what i think.

What do you think?

Henry85

Senior List
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Melbourne v Collingwood

Pies by 4 points

Cats out in straight sets as usual

Correct me if I am wrong. But I think the cats have gone out in straight sets just once since making the top four since 2012. Sure the cats finals record has fallen short when it matters and their qualifying finals record under Scott is deplorable but I think this has created the myth.

Cats v swans for the gf for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Correct me if I am wrong. But I think the cats have gone out in straight sets just once since making the top four since 2012. Sure the cats finals record has fallen short when it matters and their qualifying finals record under Scott is deplorable but I think this has created the myth.

Cats v swans for the gf for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No you're right, it just FEELS like straight sets every year

I think you need your mids in that 23-28yo range in finals but Geelong is a bunch of over 30s who are usually cooked by September

Haven't put a foot wrong this year though so far, Cameron is at his peak and Stengle is a great pick up

But I still think Melbourne are the team to beat, their best is still the best

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
No you're right, it just FEELS like straight sets every year

I think you need your mids in that 23-28yo range in finals but Geelong is a bunch of over 30s who are usually cooked by September

Haven't put a foot wrong this year though so far, Cameron is at his peak and Stengle is a great pick up

But I still think Melbourne are the team to beat, their best is still the best

Geelong typically make a Prelim, so it clearly isn't straight sets every year :p Their finals record the last few years has actually been pretty decent. I suspect they were playing a bit above their actual skill before that and that get shown up in Finals, but they have solved that since there isn't a reliance on one or two players. Also, it is worth noting that Geelong do have some good midfielders now who aren't old, and that Danger and Selwood have been rested for large parts of the year, so in theory they shouldn't be cooked. (Maybe I am just overly optimistic though).

I agree though that melbs best is still the best.

Kobe Gryant

extremely overqualified chemistry teacher
Jul 31, 2021
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
Melbourne look like they're hitting top gear again, they'll make it. If that midfield gets going in September it can't be matched and can more than make up for the subpar forward line as we saw last year.

Cats or Swans after that. Pies a chance if they get a QF on the MCG which is likely.

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
Can't get past Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane for the top four on the ladder predictor, so it'll come from those four. Geelong to beat Brisbane, and Melbourne with a question mark, in week 1, meaning it'll be the Cats v Dees or Lions in GF...go by the numbers and it's Cats v Dees...

But if Geelong stand out as the frontrunner, then this season doesn't impress me at all, just like the Cats themselves. You can only beat what's there and be yourselves in any given season, but this is the doldrums if that's the benchmark...

Kobe Gryant

extremely overqualified chemistry teacher
Jul 31, 2021
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
Can't get past Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane for the top four on the ladder predictor, so it'll come from those four. Geelong to beat Brisbane, and Melbourne with a question mark, in week 1, meaning it'll be the Cats v Dees or Lions in GF...go by the numbers and it's Cats v Dees...

But if Geelong stand out as the frontrunner, then this season doesn't impress me at all, just like the Cats themselves. You can only beat what's there and be yourselves in any given season, but this is the doldrums if that's the benchmark...

You've got Brisbane making it?

Back