Who is your 2022 AFL grand final pick

PJays

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dees haven’t beaten anyone decent in 5 weeks.
Except when they smashed Freo in Perth...

Swans haven’t beaten anyone decent in 5 weeks.
Sydney's on a 4 game winning streak. They beat Freo in Perth, smashed the Dogs and won other games by 73 and 33.

4 wins by combined total 176 points. 2 of those wins against solid or good opposition.

Unlike Collingwood who has won 6 in a row by combined total of 38, all against losing teams

Lions haven’t beaten anyone decent in 5 weeks.
Except a 41 point win over the Dogs

Not really asking you to tip the Pies to go far, but your logic is flawed
No, your one eyed posts are flawed

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Not really sure about the Sydney hype, atm it’s a cats v pies GF for me with the pies winning it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure about the Sydney hype but you’re convinced by a team barely beating bottom 4 sides.

Yep ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood

Freo have been in terrible form, even in Perth. They’ve lost their last 2 at home and their largest winning margin has been 2 goals beating bottom sides like Hawthorn and Port in the last 8 weeks… or is that only relevant to you when it’s Collingwood?

Sydney's on a 4 game winning streak. They beat Freo in Perth, smashed the Dogs and won other games by 73 and 33.

Refer above re Freo. Again, they’ve beaten no-one. They’ve lost to Port and Essendon, who we beat… who you deem as bottom sides.

4 wins by combined total 176 points. 2 of those wins against solid or good opposition.

Belting bottom sides doesn’t mean anything in September.

Unlike Collingwood who has won 6 in a row by combined total of 38, all against losing teams

Ahhh there it is. They’re ‘losing sides’ when Collingwood beats them, but not when other top 8 sides beat them 😂

Nah. Quote where I’ve said anything one-eyed and irrational. I’ll wait.

As I said originally, when these other top 8 sides win, you talk about it, when Collingwood does it 10 times in a row, you’ve got excuses why it doesn’t matter. And I’m one-eyed? 😂

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Imo it's Dees & Cats as the 2 favs with Swans & Pies as the roughies. Basically the likely top 4 and deservedly so.

Freo don't have an additional attacking level as those 4 teams (imo scoreboard pressure panics them) and Lions don't have enough players apart from Neale who can change momentum during games (it's neale or bust for them)

PJays

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Freo have been in terrible form, even in Perth. They’ve lost their last 2 at home and their largest winning margin has been 2 goals beating bottom sides like Hawthorn and Port in the last 8 weeks… or is that only relevant to you when it’s Collingwood?
Fremantle dismantled St Kilda 3 weeks ago

ie St Kilda who are 11-8, in the 8 and have won 2 of their past 3 games since then...

Refer above re Freo. Again, they’ve beaten no-one.
Sydney has beaten Geelong by 30, Melbourne by 12 (that's the 2 premiership favorites who are head and shoulders favourites above anyone else), absolutely destroyed St Kilda, beat the Dogs by 53

In fact, they've won 5 of their past 6 and 3 of those wins were by over 50 points- 2 of those being St Kilda and Dogs- both winning teams

In fact, Sydney's biggest loss for the season was by 24 points.

Collingwood lost 2 games in a row by more than that!

And you wonder why I rate Sydney more highly than Collingwood. Have a listen to yourself ;)

Belting bottom sides doesn’t mean anything in September.

Ahhh there it is. They’re ‘losing sides’ when Collingwood beats them, but not when other top 8 sides beat them 😂
Beating bottom sides by 70 is more impressive than coming from behind and beating bottom sides by a kick

Why is that so difficult for you to understand? :tearsofjoy:

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

Except a 41 point win over the Dogs

I knew there was a reason why I have that poster you're replying to on Ignore.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fremantle dismantled St Kilda 3 weeks ago

ie St Kilda who are 11-8, in the 8 and have won 2 of their past 3 games since then...

Now you're talking about Freo being in good form because they smashed St Kilda? The same Freo who've won only 2 games in 7 weeks? But Collingwood, who've won 10 in a row, aren't in good form? You're hilarious.

Sydney has beaten Geelong by 30, Melbourne by 12 (that's the 2 premiership favorites who are head and shoulders favourites above anyone else), absolutely destroyed St Kilda, beat the Dogs by 53

Beat Geelong in Round 2? Melbourne in Round 12? So when suitable, you talk about Collingwood's 'recent form', and neglect to mention the Pies beating the Dees in Round 13 or Freo in Round 10 when they were 7-2 but you want to bring up Sydney winning games in Round 2 and Round 12? Again, you're hilarious.

In fact, they've won 5 of their past 6 and 3 of those wins were by over 50 points- 2 of those being St Kilda and Dogs- both winning teams

You're right, Sydney's 5 from 6 is more impressive than Collingwood's 10 in a row, even though those 5 weeks were all against sides out of the 8, excluding an out of form Freo. How about the two losses during that period against Port and Essendon, who Collingwood DID beat?
In fact, Sydney's biggest loss for the season was by 24 points.

Collingwood lost 2 games in a row by more than that!

And you wonder why I rate Sydney more highly than Collingwood. Have a listen to yourself ;)
Once again, we don't talk about Collingwood beating Freo, Melbourne, and Carlton in the weeks after those two losses, because they were so long ago, but we'll bring up the 2 losses in a row because it suits our argument? :tearsofjoy:

Beating bottom sides by 70 is more impressive than coming from behind and beating bottom sides by a kick

Why is that so difficult for you to understand? :tearsofjoy:

Refer back to my original post:

Dees haven’t beaten anyone decent in 5 weeks. Lost to a team outside the 8 in that time and scraped over the line against Port.

Swans haven’t beaten anyone decent in 5 weeks. Also lost to a team outside the 8 in that time.

Lions haven’t beaten anyone decent in 5 weeks. They’ve also lost 2 games to sides outside the top 8 in that time.

I know you’re not going to mention Freo. They’ve won 2 games in the last 7 weeks, one of which was against Port, where they scraped over the line.

Don't get what's so difficult for you to understand that you not rating Collingwood's 10 in a row because they've 'scraped across the line' against 'losing sides' even though other contenders have actually beaten no-one of relevance during the last 5 weeks, and have actually LOST to sides outside the top 8 that Collingwood have beaten recently.

We can keep going back and forth, I've got no issues with that. You might think I look like a one-eyed supporter, but you just look silly missing the points being made, and finding new angles to try and shoot down Collingwood's streak, which everyone else seems to now have stood up, given credit to and are wary of.

PJays

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Now you're talking about Freo being in good form because they smashed St Kilda?
I never said they were in great form, I was correcting your mistake about their recent record.....

But Collingwood, who've won 10 in a row, aren't in good form?
I said I don't rate their finals chances. I don't see them winning 2 in a row against quality sides, let alone 3 or 4

You're right, Sydney's 5 from 6 is more impressive than Collingwood's 10 in a row, even though those 5 weeks were all against sides out of the 8, excluding an out of form Freo.
Based on full season, Sydney have been a better team than Collingwood, factoring in all relevant data

How about the two losses during that period against Port and Essendon, who Collingwood DID beat?
What about them?

One point to note is Sydney were away (interstate) for both games, Collingwood were on their home ground

But regardless, the fact is Sydney's percentage is over 20% more than Collingwood's. I'm much more impressed by this than 1 extra win by Collingwood.

Refer back to my original post:
Oh dear

The previous poster has the right idea- onto ignore you go

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
I never said they were in great form, I was correcting your mistake about their recent record.....

I said I don't rate their finals chances. I don't see them winning 2 in a row against quality sides, let alone 3 or 4

Based on full season, Sydney have been a better team than Collingwood, factoring in all relevant data

2 losses in the period they won 5 out of 6?

You may wish to rewrite that sentence

Oh dear

The previous poster has the right idea- onto ignore you go
Thank goodness. Ciao!

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure about the Sydney hype but you’re convinced by a team barely beating bottom 4 sides.

Yep ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are using a Richmond gamestyle, you watch them improve in finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
Collingwood could lose literally every game for the rest of 2022 and still (deservedly) be extremely happy with their achievements this year. In September this year, they'll be like the family dog: just happy to be a part of things.

I'm not completely sold on Sydney being the real deal but they've put together a very good month of footy.

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
So serious question, are Pies fans excited that it looks like they maybe playing off in this year's Grand final, or are they deep down crapping themselves that it looks like they maybe playing off in this year's Grand final?

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
So serious question, are Pies fans excited that it looks like they maybe playing off in this year's Grand final, or are they deep down crapping themselves that it looks like they maybe playing off in this year's Grand final?
Both!

Back