Who is your current favourite Melbourne player?

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Going to go with the Big Spencil. Gawn best ruckman in the league? Not even best at our club.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Bob_Paulson.jpg

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Every time I pick a favorite player they seem to get traded that. First it was jeff farmer in 01, then the next year was woewodin. Then I didn't choose until cale Morton in 2012 he then was traded......so now I pick dawes, hopefully the curse doesn't continue :wink:
For me that started when I was 10 years old and was trying to decide between Gerard Healy and Robert Flower as to who was my favourite player. The next thing I knew, Healy was playing for Sydney. At least I saved Melbourne from losing Flower as one of its legends.

I haven't done a tally, but it seems about a 50/50 split in this thread between people genuinely nominating their fave player and those trying to nominate a spud in order to jinx that spud into being delisted.

So Melbourne.

For the record, I'm totally on the Dawes bandwagon this year.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Watts was for mine for ages, but now everyone has stopped picking on him I'm not quite as horny for him as I used to be (Sorry Jack)

Matty Jones is probably the current fave because I like how red his cheeks are (if he was a cartoon I think he'd be perfect to sell donuts), other than that I really like Vanders and Dom Tyson.

Oh and I like Grimes too but he kind stopped playing for Melbourne so there's that.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
View attachment 291557

Neville. I do like that name. Was almost gone from AFL. His fight and determination now sees him as one of the best small defenders in the game. Very underrated imo.
Probably another tick for roos there. Nev looked lost out there until roos came in and found the perfect role. I still won't forget that Adelaide match where he really kept Betts quite. Since then he really has become the most reliable player in our back 6. And as you said he hasn't had games handed to him, he's really worked hard for his spot.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Watts was for mine for ages, but now everyone has stopped picking on him I'm not quite as horny for him as I used to be (Sorry Jack)

Matty Jones is probably the current fave because I like how red his cheeks are (if he was a cartoon I think he'd be perfect to sell donuts), other than that I really like Vanders and Dom Tyson.

Oh and I like Grimes too but he kind stopped playing for Melbourne so there's that.
Nicely complex.

It's funny how the question has to be asked for you to realise you've switched. I somehow have moved from heartthrob Bernie to almost going with Oliver. About 70 percent of that is due to Bigfooty flogs crapping on about him looking like mashed potato. Flogs. Clarry will show them, and I will get my tiny percentage of reflected glory as is just.

AVB and Clarry having taken the mantle from Viney - Look forward to a few years time when someone who is computer literate has enough footage of hits by these 3 set to "I came in like a wrecking ball"

Back