Who is your current favourite Melbourne player?

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TMAC THIS YEAR WHAT THE ****

SERIOUSLY ANNOYED

Might have to go with JV.
He's probably a lock to go to Freo then.

Seriously, is he your boy? He's a good one. Will be AA one of these days.

He's probably a lock to go to Freo then.

Seriously, is he your boy? He's a good one. Will be AA one of these days.
Tommy Mac or JV?

The #sizzle is the man. Seriously. The only fault in his game is his kicking, in all seriousness. He's a monster defensively - and if his kicking improves he's going to be a monster offensively too. What's more, we've got another just like him in Frost and Oscar isn't too shabby at it either. The era of the rebounding KPD is here, and it's going to be absolutely lethal. Richmond have got it great with Rance, but imagine three in that mould? Moreover, imagine Oscar intercept-marking it and handballing off to his brother who's already sprinting past for the receive? It's not that hard to picture, and when it works as I firmly believe it will it'll become the most deadly weapon in the competition.

The Roos/Goodwin vision for the backline became complete when both Dunn and Garland couldn't crack the side despite the backline seeming inept. A back six of Tom, Oscar, Frost, Jetta, Hibberd and Melksham/Hunt doesn't just have defensive nous, but have offensive prowess. The slowest player of those I've listed is Hibberd...who isn't slow. A backline with six runners is completely unheard of in the AFL. Teams generally have up to four, with two dedicated backs in more defensive roles. We're aiming to give all six offensive purpose.

Tommy Mac or JV?

The #sizzle is the man. Seriously. The only fault in his game is his kicking, in all seriousness. He's a monster defensively - and if his kicking improves he's going to be a monster offensively too. What's more, we've got another just like him in Frost and Oscar isn't too shabby at it either. The era of the rebounding KPD is here, and it's going to be absolutely lethal. Richmond have got it great with Rance, but imagine three in that mould? Moreover, imagine Oscar intercept-marking it and handballing off to his brother who's already sprinting past for the receive? It's not that hard to picture, and when it works as I firmly believe it will it'll become the most deadly weapon in the competition.

The Roos/Goodwin vision for the backline became complete when both Dunn and Garland couldn't crack the side despite the backline seeming inept. A back six of Tom, Oscar, Frost, Jetta, Hibberd and Melksham/Hunt doesn't just have defensive nous, but have offensive prowess. The slowest player of those I've listed is Hibberd...who isn't slow. A backline with six runners is completely unheard of in the AFL. Teams generally have up to four, with two dedicated backs in more defensive roles. We're aiming to give all six offensive purpose.

I have spoken to Topkent about this before but TMac needs more core strength, and I wouldn't mind if they tried to sacrifice some of his tank to get a bit stronger. I understand they might have Frost and OMac lined up to play on the gorillas to free TMac up more, but he gets knocked off the line of the ball too easily. Aside from that he is a very good player, I don't even think he is THAT bad a kick but he moreso makes bad decisions sometimes (Especially because he is clearly encouraged to take risks).

Crikey it is hard to dislike all these nice Bulldogs folks.
It's remarkable what happens to people when they lose the massive chip on their shoulder. Even ManOfClay has been reasonable recently, and he's one of the most deluded footy fans going around.

It's remarkable what happens to people when they lose the massive chip on their shoulder. Even ManOfClay has been reasonable recently, and he's one of the most deluded footy fans going around.
(Obviously I still haven't lost mine)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back