Opinion Who is your favourite current Essendon Player

Remove this Banner Ad

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi all i wanted to do a bit of a test on the lead up to the draft to help form some opinions.

Everyone has their favourites but i want to know why, there are some players that despite not having high value supporters wouldn't trade no matter what, what makes this so?

For me its Joe Daniher, not only is he exciting but he enjoys his football and seems popular with teammates. A player that can win or lose a game of his own boot he is a player that supporters want to watch with his marking and overall antics on the field.

Hi all i wanted to do a bit of a test on the lead up to the draft to help form some opinions.

Everyone has their favourites but i want to know why, there are some players that despite not having high value supporters wouldn't trade no matter what, what makes this so?

For me its Joe Daniher, not only is he exciting but he enjoys his football and seems popular with teammates. A player that can win or lose a game of his own boot he is a player that supporters want to watch with his marking and overall antics on the field.
Daniher doesn't have high value? :think: I'd probably go Joe as well, and for the reasons you outline. As a Bombers fan, having that high nasal cry from the commentators 'Daniheeeeer!!' as he goes for a speccy, or a 65M bomb wheeling around on his left is one of the most exciting sounds you'll hear.

If we were to talk purely based on 'not high value' I'd choose Walla. Such excitement - amazing blend of physically intense menace, and velvet delivery of the ball. Love to watch him play. I actually think he is under appreciated by Dons fans slightly. Trading out Walla would be like losing a vital organ. Not that organ.

If you were just talking 'soft-spot' - that is a natural inclination towards liking a player not solely based on performance, I'd go Ambrose. For some reason I took a shine to him when playing forward (probably reminds me of a Sheedy era special) and have followed him since. Is usually under-appreciated.

Raz all day.

I reckon he's actually pretty underrated by the wider football community. For all the great stuff he has done he probably hasn't put it all together yet due to the failing body - when he does, look out league!

He has the air of confidence that he can do anything, seems humble around the club, a real club binder, but also has a skillset that is hard to match up on, electric quick, good overhead, agile, smart. Could play anywhere from half back to forward pocket and anywhere in-between. Also a real talisman and baromter for us.
He wants the big moment in games, and I want him to have it.

First untouchable in trade for me.

Why was Hirdy your favourite
He was very graceful. Extremely well balanced and hard to tackle. Mentally and physically tough. Possibly the toughest I’ve ever seen.

A big game player too. Dragged us over the line in close games

If it wasn’t for injuries I don’t think people would argue Hird v Voss v Buckley as the best of their generation. It would be Carey v Hird v Matthews as the GOAT.

I'm a Fantasia man. He's is going to own the ball in the forward line this year.
I reckon Shiel is gonna be right up there in the man love stakes, too.
Devon too, as we have finally got another player doing justice to the glorious number 5.

Fantasia. Lightning pace, kicks freakish goals and is just an incredibly smart footballer. Makes an immense difference to our side when he's fit and firing.

Plus he's got a bit of attitude and confidence about him that only adds to his character.

Don't be shy, you can say it. He can look like an absolute smug campaigner some times, and I love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Fantasia man. He's is going to own the ball in the forward line this year.
I reckon Shiel is gonna be right up there in the man love stakes, too.
Devon too, as we have finally got another player doing justice to the glorious number 5.

Missed him badly last year from what we have seen this pre season Fantasia looks to be in ripping nick.

Cale Hooker.

For the commitment he has shown time and time again. The club wanted to trade him at the end of 2012 and later after the gap year, he turned down big money to return home.

After a long road to making himself one of the best defenders in the league, he was asked to move forward. wrapped his head around it, seemed to really be enjoying his new role and preformed very well. Then was told mid-season to move down back again. purely for the betterment of the team while sacrificing his own game.

You know what your gonna get from him every time he steps on to the field. So reliable and consistent. Such a super good mark!

No wonder the players voted for him as VC. He is the pumping hart of this team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back