Opinion Who is your favourite current Essendon Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though I love so many players on our list, which is highlighted by players like Orazio with the skill and speed he displays, the quality one touch player Zerrett is, how exciting it is when Joey slots a long-raking left foot goal on the run, and so on and so on... when thinking about who my favorite player is, it is still an easy decision for me. And that player is Aaron Francis.

Aaron grew up on a farm in a small town outside Loxton SA, was drafted to the club he barracked for as a kid and has been through a family tragedy which has led him down the road of depression. He felt lonely when he was going through the mental illness and sought out a trade back to his home state, even if it meant leaving his beloved bombers. But he and the club worked through that tough period and now he is ready to start blossoming. He now dedicates his footy to his deceased brother.

He has natural talent that I have never seen before in a player as young as him.
He is elite by foot, can do the mercurial thing at the time when it is needed most, is versatile and imposes himself physically on the contest.
But the quality trait I think even us Bomber supporters underestimate most about him is how good his vision is. The way he judges the flight of the ball to intercept mark, and how he sees the play unfold with ball in hand just illustrates the natural footballer he is.

His back story instills a burning desire inside you that wants him succeed and fulfill his absolute potential.
The best part of it is that this is only the beginning and I've strapped myself in for the ride.

P.S. yes, the lid is off!

Raz is life.

Raz might very well be Death to more than a few sides if he gets through a year unscathed - absurdly talented, damn near impossible to match up on, and one of those few players who very much has a killer instinct.

Has been Zaka since he started, but Walla and Raz are close behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've given this a lot of thought and come down to these 2:

Cale Hooker. The pulse of the playing list, ungainly but mightily effective, wears his heart on his sleeve and I'm pretty sure only half his blood is red, the other half is black. He was also the cause of one of my favourite commentary calls ever (top 5 definitely): "Hooker, what the bloody hell's he doing down there? He's kicking bloody goals, CALE HOOKAAARH. The Bombers are back in front!".

Orazio Fantasia: We have to get his body right. I get the same expectation when he gets ball in hand as I had with Bewick and Mercuri. It's almost an adreneline rush for me as a supporter. An extended run of form will see him legitimately wow the league and not be some dude BT calls like a flog.

Even though I love so many players on our list, which is highlighted by players like Orazio with the skill and speed he displays, the quality one touch player Zerrett is, how exciting it is when Joey slots a long-raking left foot goal on the run, and so on and so on... when thinking about who my favorite player is, it is still an easy decision for me. And that player is Aaron Francis.

Aaron grew up on a farm in a small town outside Loxton SA, was drafted to the club he barracked for as a kid and has been through a family tragedy which has led him down the road of depression. He felt lonely when he was going through the mental illness and sought out a trade back to his home state, even if it meant leaving his beloved bombers. But he and the club worked through that tough period and now he is ready to start blossoming. He now dedicates his footy to his deceased brother.

He has natural talent that I have never seen before in a player as young as him.
He is elite by foot, can do the mercurial thing at the time when it is needed most, is versatile and imposes himself physically on the contest.
But the quality trait I think even us Bomber supporters underestimate most about him is how good his vision is. The way he judges the flight of the ball to intercept mark, and how he sees the play unfold with ball in hand just illustrates the natural footballer he is.

His back story instills a burning desire inside you that wants him succeed and fulfill his absolute potential.
The best part of it is that this is only the beginning and I've strapped myself in for the ride.

P.S. yes, the lid is off!
Well said. Never have I wanted a player to succeed more than Franga (closely followed by Mozzie to stick it up Hawthorn), would love for him to take the game by the scruff of the neck this year.

I've always loved the underdog and the bloke who's had to do just that bit more than the other bloke to succeed.
For that reason I have to say Tippa, notwothstanding the excitement and teamwork he provides on game day.
Love his story and the fact he spent time in my hometown in gippsland helps.
On a talent/great to watch when on song I'm gonna cheat and say orazio and franga are my two faves.

Aaron Francis. The kid had off-field issues, limited pre-season but ended up killing it when put his mind to training. Just imagine what he'll do with a couple of pre-seasons behind him. Will be best key position of his draft class. Already better than Weideman, Mackay, not far behind Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back