MMA-UFC Who is your favourite UFC fighter as of right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

as of right now? Probably Hunt, Dc and Jones due to being hyped up for 200. Ive only really started following MMA this year but after watching a lot of old fights Ive also really liked Gustafsson, Holm, Tate, McGregor, Demetrious Johnsonson, Lyoto and probably heaps more Im forgetting. Im absolutely obsessed at the moment

Cowboy because he's just awesome. Mighty Mouse because he's a fighter and a gamer. Two of my favourite things.

If GSP comes back he's a clear cut #1 for me.

I love fighters that finish fights.
Don't like lay and pray fighters, mainly fighters who are just wrestlers and not well rounded.
I consider Bones Jones the best I have ever seen, even better than peak Fedor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not in any order...Whittaker, Jones, Joanna, Claudia, Tate, Lawler

I started watching at around ufc100 so my favourite fighters are coming to the end of their run. Fightets like Lauzon, Shogun, Machida, Hunt

Not in any order...Whittaker, Jones, Joanna, Claudia, Tate, Lawler

I started watching at around ufc100 so my favourite fighters are coming to the end of their run. Fightets like Lauzon, Shogun, Machida, Hunt
Joanna is great to watch but she is being a bit of a tool on the Ultimate fighter which is a bit disappointing.
Shogun was something to behold during his PRIDE days.

Joanna is great to watch but she is being a bit of a tool on the Ultimate fighter which is a bit disappointing.
Shogun was something to behold during his PRIDE days.

Agreed on both counts. Joanna's attitude on TUF has been a major turn off while Claudia has come off looking fantastic by comparison. And Pride era Shogun... don't get me started on that guy! It's a real shame that we only got to see glimpses of the fighter he was back then in the UFC.

I started following closely around the close of Pride, but had been a casual fan ever since I saw BJ Penn knock out Caol Uno inside 15 seconds somewhere around UFC 33 from memory. Right now, my favourites are probably:

Wonderboy
Matt Brown
Dominick Cruz
Frankie Edgar
Rob Whitaker

HW: Hunt, JDS
LHW: Shogun, Machida
MW: Anderson Silva
WW: Nick Diaz, Maia, Lawler, Condit, Tumenov
LW: Nate Diaz, Barboza, Nurmagomedov, Rashid Magomedov
FeW: Aldo, Charles Oliveira, Mirsad Bektic
MBW: Almeida
WBW: Nunes
FlW: Demetrious Johnson, Kyoji Horiguchi
SW: Jedrzejczyk, Calderwood

These were the first fighters that came to mind. I could list a whole heap more, but there's already a lot here.

Lawler (not human)
Whittaker (Aus's second best chance at title)
Matthews (Epping boy!)
Thompson (next WW champ for mine)
Reem (Horse meat)
Diaz bros (dont be scared homie)
Holloway (best striking combos, so fluid)
Ferguson (Great boxing and grappling, him and khabib the future of LW)
Rory (Big heart)
Cerrone (impressed me since moving up)
Rumble (Death touch)
Hunt (Aus's best chance at a title, also has death touch)
Miesha (one of my all time fav fights against Holly)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back