• kurupt

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • mel-man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hitman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you have given too many options in this poll. It's very hard to decide between snoop, dre and Eminem mainly because they are all exceptionally talented. I voted for Dre mainly cos he has probably been around for the longest and he still rocks.

P.S. How can could you leave out Warren G?

Umm hello????

A rap poll without Ice Cube????

Even Ice T should rate a mention long before these 'johnny come lately's'!

Id say Snoop Dog...if i have to choose.
Eminem is a great songwriter, but is up with the singers from Something for Kate and Powderfinger for the 'most annoying voice in music' award.

i didnt know Hitman rapped! :confused:

i'd vote dr dre... and snoop dogg...

'the chronic'... and 'doggy style' are two of my fave albums.. even tho i dont listen to much of today's rap...

anybody catch snoop dogg's prono release? also titled 'doggy style'... won a few adult video industry awards i heard... :p

I made the poll? :D

Vanilla Ice is, for sure!

"Ice ice babay..."

The Hitman

Originally posted by Sly77

Crapped is about as Hitters gets to it!

What about the Public Enemy dude who's name escaps me at the minute?

ah Chuck D..

yeah, where's public enemy? run DMC? NWA ? salt & pepa?

ah, who would be your fave female rapper ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted for Snoop but i love Dre and Eminem...all three have made great albums, DoggyStyle IMO is the best rap album around, The Chronic and Marshall Mathers LP....both top albums.

But this cant really be a legit poll without Warren G, Nortorious BIG, Tupac, Easy E or Ice Cube.....in fact those 8 i have mentioned above would be my favourite rappers full stop!

I reckon Chuck D is the best rapper, although I ain't a massive fan of Public Enemy.

Love De La Soul. Three Feet High is rap perfection!

Straight Outta Compton exhibits Cube and Dre when it was about the attitude and not the money. Also rap perfection!

Beastie Boys deserve a mention (especially ahead of tools like Warren G...I mean fair dinkum) and despite not being the world's greatest rappers, with albums like Paul's Boutique, who gives a sh*t!!

Ice T & DMC always deserve respect.

And here's one from left field...Zack de la Rocha!!!

Originally posted by FIGJAM

Beastie Boys deserve a mention (especially ahead of tools like Warren G...I mean fair dinkum)

I would love to know the reasoning as to how Beastie Boys could even go close to being better than Warren G........ If anyone has heard his first CD "Regulate", they will completely agree with me. Beastie Boys are just try hards, nothing more, nothing less.

Originally posted by Robbo1
I would love to know the reasoning as to how Beastie Boys could even go close to being better than Warren G........ If anyone has heard his first CD "Regulate", they will completely agree with me. Beastie Boys are just try hards, nothing more, nothing less.
Dude, I owned Regulate (since lost it, but won't replace it). Whilst I thought it to be palatable, it wasn't anything special. Being Snoop's mate (are there any West-Coast rappers that aren't???) means that he sounds a hell of a lot like him!

The Beastie Boys are actually pioneers of the genre, so I find it hard to see how they can be try hards!!! Again I direct you to Paul's Boutique. Check Ya Head might also give you an insight into great songwriting!

Either way, none of those Longbeach rappers (Dre's money spinners) are even close to the old-school rappers like Run DMC, Chuck D, Ice T, Ice Cube etc..

Originally posted by McCartney5
Where is Kid Rock?????

Inside Pammy? :confused:

As for the Beastie Boys, absolute pioneers of the industry.

Beastie Boys along with NWA, Run DMC and Public Enemy are all hip hop legends.

Dre is the single biggest influence on the music industry.....period

Originally posted by Rohan_
Run DMC "It's like that" is as good as it gets. "Walk this way" and it's Tricky are other good songs from Run DMC.

Where is Li Bow Wow?

Lil Bow Wow couldn't (w)rap my lunch!! What about Criss Cross? Those guys were dope, with their backwards daks and stuff.

'Rappin Ronnie Reagan' from 'The Simpsons' was pretty cool.

Originally posted by jod23
But this cant really be a legit poll without Warren G, Nortorious BIG, Tupac, Easy E or Ice Cube.....in fact those 8 i have mentioned above would be my favourite rappers full stop!

i liked some of the earlier warren G stuff..

but went down the sh1tter, lost respect when he did some puff daddy/p diddy (or whatever the f*ck he is known as) type shyte... eg. 'i shot the sheriff'... 'whats love got to do with it'...

Back