Who Plays in The Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep same. Really think it should go to the batsman in the best form regardless of how old or how many games they have played even if it is s.Marsh.
My preference is Cartright, he didn't get a first class average of 50 by batting s**t
Interestingly, Cartwright's FC average is now down to 43.

I think they were being compared because they make a similar amount of runs per time they are dismissed.
I don't think anyone would suggest that Marsh isn't the better batsman, rather that he hasn't done enough at FC level to make the test team.

It's a silly comparison given how few innings Cummins has played and his position in the batting order.

Marsh has batted 127 times for 11 not outs, Cummins 24 for 10.

Marsh's FC record with the bat is poor and doesn't warrant being in contention for a test spot, but he's in the frame because he also bowls 140+. And he's a Marsh.

Admittedly haven't seen that much of him but not that impressed by Cartwright as a batsman.

Haven't seen any of it but he's had a poor start to the Shield. 61, 38, 0, 0, 35, 18, 42, 9, 0, 13. And one wicket with the ball. Mitch Marsh at least has a 141 and a 95 to his name in the Shield after a strong JLT Cup with the bat.

I thought Cartwright looked OK in the two tests he played then they ****ed him off.

Does anyone think that Joe Burns is a chance to come into the middle order if Hanscomb continues to struggle? He’s started the season superbly after finishing off last season strongly as well.

Does anyone think that Joe Burns is a chance to come into the middle order if Hanscomb continues to struggle? He’s started the season superbly after finishing off last season strongly as well.

Well Maxwell was actually in the test side two tests ago and has made a double hundred, 3 50s, and an unbeaten 45 in the Shield this season and doesn't seem to be in the mix so that's a no from me.

Well Maxwell was actually in the test side two tests ago and has made a double hundred, 3 50s, and an unbeaten 45 in the Shield this season and doesn't seem to be in the mix so that's a no from me.

He is in the mix. Would be the next batsman in if they wanted another bat.

We have an Australian 11 playing England next week end which I like the idea of playing all the young and up coming players Aust players against them but surely after 2 tests the ideal fixture would have been a Australian 2nd 11 eleven perhaps Maxwell captain,M.Marsh,Head,Cartwright,O'Keefe,Holland Bird ,Sayers etc to name a few and then pick the 3rd test side after this game.Good hit out for England and gives the Australian players on the verge of selection a opportunity to perform against good opposition instead of shield sides lacking our players currently in the test sides.

We have an Australian 11 playing England next week end which I like the idea of playing all the young and up coming players Aust players against them but surely after 2 tests the ideal fixture would have been a Australian 2nd 11 eleven perhaps Maxwell captain,M.Marsh,Head,Cartwright,O'Keefe,Holland Bird ,Sayers etc to name a few and then pick the 3rd test side after this game.Good hit out for England and gives the Australian players on the verge of selection a opportunity to perform against good opposition instead of shield sides lacking our players currently in the test sides.

BBL preparation is more important.

BBL preparation is more important.

Better for Maxwell to go back and play premier cricket in Melbourne again and forget that form of cricket if he wants to play test cricket for Australia again.To many people out there are judging him on his reverse sweeps etc which he does so well in the short form of the game and fear he will take it into shield cricket and test cricket.The guy has matured so much ,a huge talent and we must get back on the test arenas in Australia this season ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England are playing a second string side also....Moeen Ali the only test player fronting up

It's almost as if the selectors know more than the experts on BF looking up stats on the net.

I'm rapt for Marsh for what he did today but the selectors would not have had any confidence whatsoever that he would do what he did today. They picked him because he can roll the arm over and because Handscombe somehow has managed to out think himself with his technique.

I hope this is the start of big things for Mitch as if it is then we could be on the cusp of another very good era of Test side.

Good for,you Mitch Marsh...I didn't agree with your selection but no one can ever take today away from you....well done

I'm rapt for Marsh for what he did today but the selectors would not have had any confidence whatsoever that he would do what he did today. They picked him because he can roll the arm over and because Handscombe somehow has managed to out think himself with his technique.

I hope this is the start of big things for Mitch as if it is then we could be on the cusp of another very good era of Test side.

Good for,you Mitch Marsh...I didn't agree with your selection but no one can ever take today away from you....well done

As much as we have slagged him off, you can see why the selectors have been seduced, if he comes good it adds a totally new dimension to the team

So you’ll bag Hodgey as being s**t that only had 1 good innings on the WACA Hwy in 6 tests, but now Mitch Marsh is going to be a star after 1 good innings on the WACA Hwy after 22 tests?

Where did I say he was going to be an automatic star? The selection was obviously a decent one from the selectors, the guy just made 181. They in general always know many, many times more than the biased dorks on BF that look at cricinfo stats and pump up players that play for their state, including me.

edit - for the record I wanted Maxwell in all series, search it if you want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back