osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
Listed are the players who generally run through the midfield. Players like LMac, Pittard, Hrovat, Atley, JMac, etc... have been left out because they either play more forward or back. I would think that 9 of these players will be playing, given 3 in the centreline, Rov, RR and 4 bench spots, at the most.

Thoughts?

Is this not just the best 22 thread?

Here you go
B: Williams Tarrant EVW
HB: McDonald McKay Murphy
C: Tyson Jacobs Polec
HF: Garner Wood Hall
F: Ziebell Brown Simpkin
R: Goldy Higgins Cunners
I: Dumont Ahern Anderson Turner

That is everyone who should play round 1

Maj inj
Thompson suspended

Depth: Atley Wright Pittard Macmillan LDU Zurhaar Wilkinson

Here you go

Maj inj
Thompson suspended

I only included mids in the poll. Was curious as to people's thoughts about our mids rather than other spots.

Here you go

Maj inj
Thompson suspended

Agree with most of the above TZ, but think Wright might be in for MacDonald ,Atley in for Turner and MacMillan in for Murphy...just my opinion of course !
Nice to have multiple selections available for most areas !

LDU waits on injuries/form. Thomas should get a couple as a forward option throughout the year. Same with Scott on the wing. Walker could have been rd 1 bound if he had a proper pre-season. Taylor probably waits until 2020 for his debut.

Brad is going to be doing it tough if we head into round 1 with few injuries. He has more 'favourites' than spots in the team. No doubt he will want the 4 new lads (Hall, Polec, Tyson, Pittard) in the team. Can't think of when Turner, Ats, McDonald, JMac, Thommo have last been omissions. I have no doubt he would also want LDU playing and will want to find a way to select TT early in the season. With about 26 or more worthy starters for round 1 it may be a case of using the JLTs as the battle for spots. I just hope the match committee makes the most of our depth this year and rotates players with niggles and form lapses.

Brad is going to be doing it tough if we head into round 1 with few injuries. He has more 'favourites' than spots in the team. No doubt he will want the 4 new lads (Hall, Polec, Tyson, Pittard) in the team. Can't think of when Turner, Ats, McDonald, JMac, Thommo have last been omissions. I have no doubt he would also want LDU playing and will want to find a way to select TT early in the season. With about 26 or more worthy starters for round 1 it may be a case of using the JLTs as the battle for spots. I just hope the match committee makes the most of our depth this year and rotates players with niggles and form lapses.
Rotating players is going to be key. I really hope it happens, and that we reward form over playing favourites. Gonna be an unreal year if so.

Back