Opinion Who presently unfit would you want in our side

Which player if Fit will have the biggest impact.

• Elliott

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Moore

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Wells

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dunn

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Reid

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So just though whilst we wait a week until we smash GWS. as a Hypercritical if assumed 100% fit and at their best form that has been exposed who and ONLY one would you think most impacts the side during the reminder of the finals.

my initial thinking was the obvious Reid at Full back his best form in his AA year would be a huge plus.
but then i think with our Midfield / Half forward rotations a fully fit Silky Daniel Wells is exciting. I mean with the class of pendles / Sidebottom and Wells delivering the ball inside 50 we won't need to defend because the ball will never come back out lol.

so Wells get's the nod for me with a close second to Reid.

Last edited:
Moore, and I'd play him forward for the rest of the year pinch hitting in the ruck replacing Cox who's been ordinary for a couple of months.

Looking at what our side needs right now I'd say a fit Reid at his best would make all the difference.
Fit and at his best are two separate issues. If fit he would be considered to come in. If also at his best then he would be one of the first picked.

Fit and at his best are two separate issues. If fit he would be considered to come in. If also at his best then he would be one of the first picked.

Exactly!

Reid is the best swingman since Teddy Whitten.

Not even my children disappoint me as much as Reid's enduring absence.

I went for Wells because he could thread the ball through the eye of a needle and pinpoint our smaller forwards with his passes, perhaps minimising the need for a tall forward. However, a fit Moore might be equally useful given his swinging ability. A truly fit Elliott could be in a class of his own up forward, particularly the drop off in form and productivity of DeGoey, WHE, Stephenson and Thomas. Thomas was the best of this group last night, but was considered largely 'invisible' by a number of posters. So it is a difficult decision. An injury free Reid would also be very useful.

Couldn't agree more.

I believe that a lack of fitness is what has held Reid back from approaching his best. He hasn't forgotten how to play nor is he over the hill; injuries have prevented him from getting match-fitness or the elusive "touch".

He could be like a new recruit for us next year, even if this is something we've been hoping for since 2016 :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore by a country mile. If we can get him in we might just win the whole thing.

I like more, am bullish about what he can bring in the future, but I'm rather less convinced that his appearance this year would improve our chances in such a dramatic way. Why do you see him as such an immediate game-changer?

Maybe OP needs to give a bit more info.
Are we just assuming fit or are we talking fit and in form.
I'm assuming fit and in form in which case I chose Wells. An in form Wells would just make the whole team that much better.

Maybe OP needs to give a bit more info.
Are we just assuming fit or are we talking fit and in form.
I'm assuming fit and in form in which case I chose Wells. An in form Wells would just make the whole team that much better.

I agree that Wells is pure velvet Otto but given our needs for key position talent and using your criteria of fit and in form, it's hard to go past Reid. If he was in last night we would have won.

I like more, am bullish about what he can bring in the future, but I'm rather less convinced that his appearance this year would improve our chances in such a dramatic way. Why do you see him as such an immediate game-changer?
I think he’s on another level.

I agree that Wells is pure velvet Otto but given our needs for key position talent and using your criteria of fit and in form, it's hard to go past Reid. If he was in last night we would have won.
Yeah it's a hard list to choose from.
Was watching some games from 2010 - 2011 during the week.
God I would love to have "that" Reid up and about.
Was a gun.

Back