Game Day Who presents the Cup? 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Ash Barty. Please. Given a majority of fans stuck in Melbourne can't go what an insult. Surely there are few retired premeirship players up that way.

Is towner still up there?

Nah, I’m happy with Barty, honestly it’s not a big deal.

James Hird presented Dusty with the Norm, but it’s no big deal in the end.

Not really a fan of the decision, but TBH, why we have to have a 'Special Person to present the Cup' is past my understanding anyway. They don't do or say anything, they had nothing to do with the winning on the day. If we have to have Someone Special, might as well choose a former club champion.

I know this unpopular, but the competition is the AFL - the cup should be awarded by the AFL commision (it's their cup after all) - either Gil or Richard Goyder.

I’ve been a member longer than her. Supported the club longer than her, contribute to the local community being involved in local sport (still coaching/developing kids), won some local tennis titles, played in a footy GF and won multiple cricket grand finals and won. Even got BOG in one of them.
The point being, i feel the entitlement a bit disrespectful to other more worthy contributors who could do the job. And i hope you would of recognised the point i was making with the original statement.
But, as i also stated, it was my personal opinion and if others were ok with it, that’s ok as well. It is an opinion forum. Not a club sheep station.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
She has a huge international profile...you don't.. End of story

She has a huge international profile...you don't.. End of story

And again, is MY personal opinion, i feel there would be more club appropriate people to present it. End of story.

I'm disappointed that this issue is causing sniping between us a couple of days out from our 3rd GF in 4 years... :(

We're not allowed to have differing views apparently.

What a great time to be alive! At the end of 2016 if you told me we’ll be arguing over who presents our 3rd cup in 4 years I’d be like wtf?! Just as well this awesome tiger board ain’t in hub life together! There would be strippers, kebabs and drunken punch ons bloody everywhere! I bloody love the Tiger Army!

Ash Barty is a great choice I reckon. World #1 and Tigerhead. Important part of the RFC furniture promoting the club.

Would be better if it was Royce or KB. But they aren't in Qld.

What a strange year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ash Barty is a great choice I reckon. World #1 and Tigerhead. Important part of the RFC furniture promoting the club.

Would be better if it was Royce or KB. But they aren't in Qld.

What a strange year.

I think that is the point,if this granny was in Vic then KB would likely get the nod.

I think that is the point,if this granny was in Vic then KB would likely get the nod.

Definitely.

Ash Barty is sort of marketing / supporter choice.

And from the little I've read the player like her. SO OK, give her the job

Ash is a wonderful champion of this country and she has had some awesome achievements. But, this doesn't sit right with me. I actually feel it a bit disrespectful if i am honest. How it can't be someone like Flea, KB, there has to be a former player living up there who bled for the club. Benny could of presented it. If i'm a caveman or dinosaur, i'm ok with that if people feel that way towards these comments. It's just how i personally feel about it.
i see it differently.
Ash is a fan.
Who's missed alot this year because of covid.The fans.
Think its the right choice under these circumstances.

Start working the phone book in QLD mate and see if there's any past players or administrators up there. Long term servants of the club.

I don't mind the differing views if delivered with respect. :cool:

Have i been disrespectful? I can't understand why people are getting worked up over people who feel there could be a more appropriate appointment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back