Who ran on the field?

Remove this Banner Ad

I did. I was at the Round 22 Match in 1996 when Dunstall kicked his 100th but my mum wouldn't let me run on the ground, so I wasn't missing out this time.
Had front row seats in the pocket he kicked the 100th from. I Got pretty close to Buddy in the pack. It was a Great experience.
I also gave Robbie Campbell a pat on the back.:)

It was like half time in the VFL with a couple of people kicking footballs at the other end and at least 2 groups of guys getting into a wrestle on the ground.

The people running onto the ground as many others coming off...

The roar for Buddy when he ran back onto the ground after kicking his 100th. Fantastic experience.

I did.

Was at the VERY top of the third floor, I started making my way down after Buddy kicked his first. Then all of a sudden people started pelting down the ramps so we legged it figuring Buddy was having another shot. Just as we got to the bottom everyone started pouring onto the field.

Was absolutely brilliant.
So essentially you missed him kick his 100th?

Was a great sight to see. And better yet ... no one died, no one stabbed anybody, no brawls, no abductions, no babies left in the center square .....

What will the "OMG, won't somebody think of the children" brigade do now ... ?

I was there and didn't. I'm a Carlton supporter, so why would I bother?

You should be congratulated. I could not understand for the life of me why there were so many people with Carlton scarves and jumpers running onto the ground. They must be the ones that cheer when the opposition kicks a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got on, the closest i got was the Carlton huddle, gave Juddy a pat on the back and that was about it!

Great experience to be apart of though!

Top experience, doesnt happen every year does it! I was in the opposite pocket so there was no chance of getting close to see Buddy, walked around the centre square, funny watching the mob around the blue boys singing the theme song, had Fev got his, it would have taken longer to get everyone off the ground.

I did, moment i will never forget in my whole life. Me and a few of my mates were sitting up on level 3 and raced down with about 100 other people after Franklin kicked 99.
Top moment.
Would of loved to see Fev kick 100 aswell, would of been even better.

Was great when that guy beat everyone onto the ground. He was so pumped but when he just about reached Buddy I swear this flashed through his mind:

'S**t, am I the only one?'

how funny was that guy in the hawthorn jersey with the white hoodie underneath, he was on the ground at least 5 seconds before anyone else

Haha yep, even as a neutral, any true footy fan got warm fuzzies seeing that bloke leg it in there- you could tell he'll remember it for the rest of his life.

Definitely had the courage of his convictions, because he must have started the sprint about the same time the ball left Buddy's boot. If it had been a behind, he would have been absolutely mobbed by security, gotten fined, kicked out, and missed the chance to run on when he finally did reach 100.

Godspeed, anonymous hoodie guy! If anyone from TFS is reading this, I would love for them to track him down and do an interview.

if i was at the game i would of loved to run on the field, haha it was a crack up when robbie campbell was posing for pics

i was desperate to go all week and when sold out i was shattered, buy after finding tickets off Ebay for 55 each me and a mate got in and stood on level 1 ran onto the ground. once we reached the huddle everyone was running back so we went back. then realised heaps of people still on so we went out again and rolled on the grass took some videos and photos. my mate drilled a ripper goal from about 40 out down the carlton end and we acted like it was the 100th goal. Adrenaline pumping still tihnking about it 2 days on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back