Resource Who really has a source?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a source close to the Lions. But true to who I am as a person, I won't share info with any of them (the Lions supporters on Big Footy that is).

Also, sadly, no info on Aish. Sorry guys.

How about that the fact that people in clubs bullcrap and make definitive statements when its just their opinion or chinese whispers. Hence why sources are often wrong. I mean how often do coaches say they are super impressed with a player and he will play 200 gams for collingwood and they are dead wrong. Same thing probably happens with signing players.

And that's why people should not get upset if a rumor does not come true. We all want the goss, have to take the good with the bad.

I have a few things I find out every now and then off someone playing currently, a former player, and a shady character in the know.

I broke the news on here 6 hours before the media about Didak being in the car crash with Heater and was called a liar by a lot of posters.

I assured everyone the Clint Young deal was done and dusted 3 days before it was.

I told everyone that Gold coast was rotting, culture wise way before the whole story came out and Bennell, Dixon and Mckenzie would not be at the club next year, only McKenzie to go I reckon.

Helps when you know people in the know and not coat tuggers at the local TAB.

I have a few things I find out every now and then off someone playing currently, a former player, and a shady character in the know.

I broke the news on here 6 hours before the media about Didak being in the car crash with Heater and was called a liar by a lot of posters.

I assured everyone the Clint Young deal was done and dusted 3 days before it was.

I told everyone that Gold coast was rotting, culture wise way before the whole story came out and Bennell, Dixon and Mckenzie would not be at the club next year, only McKenzie to go I reckon.

So got any info about the up coming Trade Period?

Depends what your after. Coat tuggers at the local TAB can give you some good info. On horses.

I have as recently as 3 weeks ago had a lunch with a collingwood player. Now im gonna sound like a jerk and say i would prefer not to say other than it was down at geelong. Also through a family connection i know a very prominent geelong player but i dont ask anything about inside info...so i dont look like a total flog when we catch up

I have absolutely zero sauces inside the Collingwood Footy Club. But I have a mole on the inside ish at our arch enemy who feeds me crumbs of gossip and drunken wisdom now and then. Anyway, so I was having a beer or 50 with my mole insider who also happens to be an alcoholic ex Carlton premiership player (hint), a while ago and he told me that: and I quote verbatim.. "Carlton are F#cked mate. Totally F#cked." you heard it here first. Sound that dogs make (hint)

I have absolutely zero sauces inside the Collingwood Footy Club. But I have a mole on the inside ish at our arch enemy who feeds me crumbs of gossip and drunken wisdom now and then. Anyway, so I was having a beer or 50 with my mole insider who also happens to be an alcoholic ex Carlton premiership player (hint), a while ago and he told me that: and I quote verbatim.. "Carlton are F#cked mate. Totally F#cked." you heard it here first. Sound that dogs make (hint)
You got me at ex premiership player. Its been that long i wouldnt have a *ing clue!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There may come a day when I'll be craving attention from fellow posters, and at this I might claim to have a source with good information. Please know in advance that I'll be full of ****.

There may come a day when I'll be craving attention from fellow posters, and at this I might claim to have a source with good information. Please know in advance that I'll be full of ****.
That day .. is not this day!!!!?.. you got our attention sweety and no need for the advanced warning.

That day .. is not this day!!!!?.. you got our attention sweety and no need for the advanced warning.

Well thanks for your kind attention... I'll keep you out of the loop when my imaginary source passes on some good info.

I tend to agree with this. Why do people bignote saying they have a source? Has to be craving attention.

Even if you do honestly have a source, would your source be happy with you divulging it on bigfooty?

Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
No sources whatsoever regarding Collingwood. Only the legion of mates who all claim to be 'in the know'. Most of them wouldn't know what day it is. The only credible "source" I've ever had, or have, is someone very close to Brett Ratten. Had some interesting things to say around the time of his departure from Carlton. Had similar things to say as doodles98 about that place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back