Prediction Who replaces David Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I expect the AFL involvement has been overplayed. Lethal said the AFL gave them a heads up that he was attainable which obviously means he's approved as well. That's purely on him and us. As far as cash is concerned the AFL are obviously funding their footy dept so that its resourced to the extent of most of the rest of the comp. They'll be footing the bill for development coaches as much as they will Noble. But it's highly, highly unlikely that they'll be spending in excess of the footy dept cap.

If we were desperate to keep him, he'd still be with us.

Mostly correct Matty, but Noble was made an offer he couldn't refuse. He will be receiving what is a record amount for a Football Manager tied into a guaranteed career path promotion to CEO in 3 years time. All payable by the AFL - his true boss in his new job, who I have no doubt identified Noble as their man to fix the basket case that is Brisbane.

I wouldn't mind betting that there might even be the carrot of a possible AFL Head Office role some time down the track, if he is successful in his 2 new roles with Brisbane.

In the long run it will be good for Adelaide as well. Noble has been with us for many years and as a result has job after job added to his port-folio as other senior staff have come and gone. Too many jobs for one man IMO and Fagan is seizing this opportunity to re-allocate some of these jobs out to both existing and future staff. e.g. Justin Reid will pick up a fair swag of the List Management from Noble's previous role.

Pyke worked and played with some very good people at West Coast. Craig Vosso is the current Football Manager at West Coast and more than capable of filling the vacancy left by Noble and would be one of the leading candidates. Another possibility would be Peter Sumich who would be more a Director of Football type and would be very helpful to Pyke. There would undoubtedly be other candidates but at this stage Vosso and Sumich appear to be the leading 2 candidates, with each bringing a wealth of knowledge in marginally different areas.

Whoever it is, I'm confident that we will more than capably replace Noble with fresh blood. Fagan will make sure of that.

Interesting listening to the Noble interview on radio SEN1116 today ......just a small pickup on grammar

Noble said ......at Adelaide we did this ......at Brisbane i'll bring some of those experiences that I want to do

Does this signify that at Adelaide it was more of a team approach, and at Brisbane now it'll be more his way

He inherited the job and structure at Adelaide and was constrained in what he could do.
At Brisbane he will set the whole thing up his way.

OK assuming his moneyball system had some merit, which I don't believe it does.

WHY is he able to take it with him?

Any half decent contract should make all IP he developed while at the Crows our property not his. This system should belong exclusively to the Crows and he should be forbidden from utilizing it, or any derivative of it, for the Lions.

Maybe the IP does not lie with either AFC or David Noble.
Maybe it is someplace else.
Maybe AFC were too cheap to buy it when they had the chance.

I don't know but we seem to be doing a pretty decent job of it. Sure you need you A grade talent so you either have to be brilliant at recruiting and developing especially when you don't have early picks or you have to be smart at trading.

Out team is literally filled with players, some that were in AA squad this year that were classic money ball moves. Lynch, Jenkins, Brown, Seedsman, Cheney are the first ones that come to mind.

You forgot the Betts of all.
A superstar of the comp now who Carlton refused to give a pay rise to.

Yes Bettsball will be going with him.
That's right - i remember hearing something at the time that they worked out Betts had more impact on games than most players for his price and identified him as a target a fair way out. (Stitched him up?). That was the club rating system I believe.

Mostly correct Matty, but Noble was made an offer he couldn't refuse. He will be receiving what is a record amount for a Football Manager tied into a guaranteed career path promotion to CEO in 3 years time. All payable by the AFL - his true boss in his new job, who I have no doubt identified Noble as their man to fix the basket case that is Brisbane.

I wouldn't mind betting that there might even be the carrot of a possible AFL Head Office role some time down the track, if he is successful in his 2 new roles with Brisbane.

In the long run it will be good for Adelaide as well. Noble has been with us for many years and as a result has job after job added to his port-folio as other senior staff have come and gone. Too many jobs for one man IMO and Fagan is seizing this opportunity to re-allocate some of these jobs out to both existing and future staff. e.g. Justin Reid will pick up a fair swag of the List Management from Noble's previous role.

Pyke worked and played with some very good people at West Coast. Craig Vosso is the current Football Manager at West Coast and more than capable of filling the vacancy left by Noble and would be one of the leading candidates. Another possibility would be Peter Sumich who would be more a Director of Football type and would be very helpful to Pyke. There would undoubtedly be other candidates but at this stage Vosso and Sumich appear to be the leading 2 candidates, with each bringing a wealth of knowledge in marginally different areas.

Whoever it is, I'm confident that we will more than capably replace Noble with fresh blood. Fagan will make sure of that.

I believe we should hire both.

Vozzo to replace Noble.
Sumich to replace Campo, who is told to leave

Vozzo to replace Noble.
Does anyone know what Pyke thinks? Coaches should have a fair say in their own assistants. Didn't Walsh rate Campo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes you can, I used to work in software development.

I couldn't just take a piece of code written for an employer and then take it off and use it for myself.. this is no different.

Unless you wrote code not under contract for an employer and chose to give it to them.
Then they have no claim at all on how you subsequently use that code.

Actually no, with IP you can't just take it and remake it somewhere else.

If the Crows own the IP then he needs permission to use the system or any derivative of it.

Again, what if neither own the IP?
What if Crows were the recipient of a gift from a benefactor?
No IP claim.

A specific program, spreadsheet, manual... yes, yes you can stop them. He would have had to develop it after hours, using his own dollars and most importantly using his own equipment. Even if he used an AFC laptop while developing it, then the club owns it, unless his contract states that both own it.

You could not however, stop him from recreating it. But he would not be able to use any electrical or physical materials from his AFC time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82566

Again, if he did not develop it this is meaningless.

That's right - i remember hearing something at the time that they worked out Betts had more impact on games than most players for his price and identified him as a target a fair way out. (Stitched him up?). That was the club rating system I believe.
You mean they watched him play

Vozzo to replace Noble.
You make this statement, without even 1% knowledge of their respective capabilities ......on that basis just pick a name out of a hat, if all you want is a new face

Does anyone know what Pyke thinks? Coaches should have a fair say in their own assistants. Didn't Walsh rate Campo?
Didn't a large section of this boards opinion want Camp to be head coach after Walsh .......opinions on this board change hourly

The idea of getting Peter Sumich (as has been mentioned) to the club in some capacity is an exciting one. I don't know much about Vozzo. Is he up to the job? Basically the only guy I knew and was happy about maybe getting was Neil Balme and he is off the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back