Who Replaces Peter Gordon -Last Term

dogsbody

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club Ltd
Presidents are, or should be, fund raisers. Beyond that, a President should restrict his/her influence to policy-like public platitudes which reflect consensus of the Board of Directors at Lunches and if interviewed in the Press. What we don't want is some clown who thinks that he/she can use the Club to push a line, there's a bit of that in Peter Gordon. Beyond that, I couldn't care less who.

I like it. Young bloke full of progressive ideas is what we need.
And his first presidential act would be to get rid of the coach who wouldn't give him regular games despite killing it in the VFL...

Might be past his best - Webb to get a game before Grant.
Blasphemy. Chris Grant could still outplay most players on our team. Even Jarrod Grant might be able to.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Good riddence. He's a PC warrior..

Give him some credit. The only way a WASMAM can get any sort of position these days is by being politically correct. Put one foot wrong, feel the full force of the Death Star.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Will be Chris Grant, we are not getting someone “big”.

They will follow the jobs for boys path like Gia and Smith unless they can talk Susan Alberti into coming back so we can be “progressive”
Any suggestions on someone who is actually ‘big’ and not ‘progressive’? Who would you like?

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any suggestions on someone who is actually ‘big’ and not ‘progressive’? Who would you like?

Alberti was the obvious choice but she is getting on and I’m hearing isn’t in the best of health so probably had more important things to concern herself with.

So no I don’t have any suggestions and I think Grant is a lock anyway.

We simply aren’t an adventurous club so will follow a similar line to the past.

Back