Competitions Who said that?

Remove this Banner Ad

The way the players get media training these days - it's not surprising to hear the official lines being trotted out. The more amusing trend is hearing players repeating the same phrases that Ross uses in his pressers and interviews.

To the point that if you didn't know it was a player being interviewed - you'd think Rosco himself was speaking.

So - here are 10 snippets of interviews : tell me (without googling) which player said what

1) "In the second half we were probably just a bit cute with the ball at times and maybe over-used it, but it was a good performance in the end." E Shed

2) “Clearly our back six is in good form. But they get a lot of help and that’s what we’re about, we’re a complimentary team. So while it’s positive, there are always things to work on.” Freo Dr

3) “I don’t know when he’ll be back. One thing I do know is he will be doing everything he can to get back as soon as he can.” Freo Dr

4) "Clancee came back in the pre-season super fit, he is seeing some good reward for effort " go_the_dockers

5) "We’ve put in a lot of work over the course of the pre-season and I think it is standing up and it has been very beneficial for the team across the board"

6) “We didn’t use the ball well, once again, we’ll look at that,” thefreodockers

7) "It is never as good as it seems, never as bad as it seems. (I'm) just controlling the controllable at the moment and not worrying about the comparisons" electricfeel

8) "We think we've got some weapons up there that can certainly kick a winning score. But clearly it's not about that, it's about us defending and helping the mids and defenders with the ball going the other way." Okinakashi

9) “We put a real emphasis on coming in and playing your role. We’re bigger than any one player." thefreodockers

10) "We go into the game with absolutely no excuses. We’re really confident that we’ve seen it before and can fix it and remedy it really quickly." FreoRicci

Last edited:

1) Colin Sylvia
2) Colin Sylvia
3) Colin Sylvia
4) Colin Sylvia
5) Colin Sylvia
6) Colin Sylvia
7) Colin Sylvia
8) Colin Sylvia
9) Colin Sylvia
10) Colin Sylvia

(Log in to remove this ad.)