• Long

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
When? Never heard of it before

heard it in two places:
1) was either GT or Hutchy can't remember which one,
2) over here with Freo's B&F where Fyfe's result was changed to finish 2nd.

i'm happy to be wrong. not that tied to it. didn't know it'd cause that many ripples. didn't know people felt that strongly about the integrity of a B&F placing.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
heard it in two places:

i'm happy to be wrong. not that tied to it. didn't know it'd cause that many ripples. didn't know people felt that strongly about the integrity of a B&F placing.
Fyffe was changed? Fact or bf? Seems like it should be a huge story. I’ve never heard it

Im pretty sure that Dal story came up in the Scott Watters episode of "Sacked".

Same time he said the club owed Roo and Goddard something like half a mil in bonuses because nobody was taking that stuff into account on the back end of contracts.

Last edited:
heard it in two places:

If Plug hasn't heard about it hasn't happened lol
The Dal one is well known and i think it was GT that let it out
Years ago a Dogs player Full back ? was in ripping form dropped to 2nds so he didn't get bonus. was on the news players association involved

Ah think it was Croft ?

Jump on the post that suits.

what ever mate. i dont think its a big deal. i don't have the energy to get worked up about something as insignificant as a B&F result.

if you want to lose ya proverbial go for it. but ya aint going to get me to bite back.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
what ever mate. i dont think its a big deal. i don't have the energy to get worked up about something as insignificant as a B&F result.

if you want to lose ya proverbial go for it. but ya aint going to get me to bite back.
Don’t say it to bite back. Said it for proof. I have some Ex players telling me that’s crap so I mentioned it. Anyway enjoy your day I think Seb should be captain. Think geary will be captain.

heard it in two places:

I don't care too much about it either was just curious because I've never heard it before

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
I've certainly heard of it, but it was probably on here- which doesn't make it true or untrue, no matter who's heard it or not.

Was said that in 2011 they changed the votes so that Dal didn't win, because our cap was so insanely tight that if Dal won, he'd trigger a bonus that would tip us over the SC edge.

So Chips won by 3 votes, in one of the closest counts in club history (557 votes to 554) and it was said that everyone there (at least from the playing group) knew it was a rigged count on the night.

That was the year our cap was ridiculously tight and Pelchen was brought in to fix it, so it could very easily be true.

Too soon to start referring to Bytel as the GOAT?
Are you for real gringo?

Just let him enjoy being a kid FFS! 😬

04f6hq5.jpg

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

I think clubs changing the results of best and fairest would be a HUGE deal.

If that were proven to be correct it would be massive news in sports media.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Surprised Hannebery has so many votes. I love the bloke, but I don't see how we can give our captaincy to a guy thar onky played a handful of games.

I think it's between Geary and Ross. From all reports Ross did a very good job last year. I think Geary will most likely get the nod again though.
I reckon we have as much hope as hanners. How stupid would the club look if we changed captains to a guy who hardly played last year and then doesn’t play much again this year

Johnnyrayflamingo

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would like Seb Ross to take over the role for the next 5-6 years. He is just a good honest player that does the right things and he is greatly admired by his team mates.

D. Howard to also become a VC next year after his debut season.

Back