• Marcus Bontempelli

• Jordan Roughead

• Jackson Macrae

• Lachie Hunter

• Shane Biggs

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bont is a natural leader and all players gravitate to him. He is mature beyond his years, the face of the club and also probably the AFL in the near future.

The captaincy would also mean he would forever stay a bulldog. He is such a class act he would never leave the club if he was captain. Just not in his nature. He would excel in the position. He sticks up for players if they are targeted. He is the go to man when the game is to be won. To be honest no one is close to him in what he offers. He is a 1 in a lifetime player and will go down as our greatest captain if his body holds up. The players love him and I am sure his actions will motivate them more than anyone else. You notice Bonts makes an effort to include everyone. He is very special. Like EJ but without all of EJ's character flaws which to be honest was a factor for our limited success.

Wood I think should be stand alone VC however I am a little concerned about his form this year and feel as he is getter older he needs to concentrate on this. Also , i know the player vote on the leadership group but not sure if they vote on captain. If they do Bont will win the vote by the length of the Flemington straight.

When Bont first walked into the club I believe he was quickly given the nickname Fut or the future by the group .
That's speaks volumes to me and I reckon the we need him leading them now. Only a very rare few demonstrate natural leadership and we have him ! so let's give the captaincy to our very own future legend now rather then wait a year or two .

Wouldn't mind seeing Wood get it for next year with Bont as the vice captain. That way Bont could continue building his game without having to worry about everyone else as much. No doubt he will be captain in the near future but I'd like to see that potentially in 2019 or 2020.

Seriously i think Wood should be captain for a couple of years then give it to Bont when he signs his next contract. He will be 23 and raring to go

Wood deserves to be the Captain, inspiring leader, and like most people here in time hand it over to the Bont, either way the Club is strong with leadership qualities.

Has to be Wood. Do yourself a favour and watch the man in the huddle in the finals. Crazed.

He's our only living premiership captain.

However is Wood like Mitchell in 08? Is Bont a leader like Hodge (without being a scumbag)?

Back