Opinion Who should be our next captain?

Who should be our next captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF? Have a look at him out there today. Ran harder and longer than anybody, both offensively and defensively.

Haven’t seen the game but I doubt it will change my view. As I said, he’s a good player, but I don’t see him having the range of characteristics you’d like to see in a captain. Is he someone who will rise at the death to snag a clutch goal or rally the troops when heads start dropping? Will the players look to him as a role model in how he puts his body on the line or look to him for guidance when things aren’t going right? He’s not weak in those areas per se, but for a captain you want that really strong and wise personality that I don’t see in Zach. Welcome to your opinion, though, and I’m not going to wtf you for having it.

Offer it to Zach to get him to stay.

But I think McGrath is a better fit as captain. Seems to have a better bond with all the players.

McGrath is too young despite showing lots of leadership qualities. I dont think much is gained by thrusting it on a guy too early. Am not too concerned re how Zach comes across in the media; it will be a matter of how he works with the players. He comes across as quite similar to Gary O"Donnell to me and that worked out pretty well.
Certainly wouldn’t want McGrath singing “stand by your man” but he’d be the same age Sticks was as a premiership captain.

He’ll be 23 and the same age as the current premiership captain was when he got the job. Perfect age to grow with your team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost impossible as an outsider to know.

A consistently good player.
A respected, tough but fair person.
A person that is genuinely interested in others.
And person that wants the title.

Last edited:
Back