Coach Who should be our next coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

15/8 Board toppled (reportedly will pursue Clarkson)
19/8 Alastair Clarkson to join North
21/8 Ben Rutten sacked
22/8 Coach selection sub-committee to be established to find a replacement
26/8 Committee members announced: Josh Mahoney (GM-Footy, chair), Dorothy Hisgrove (Board member), Andrew Thorburn, Simone McKinnis, Robert Walls, Jordan Lewis
7/9 James Hird, Dean Solomon, Brendon Lade, Adem Yze interviewed at EY
13/9 Daniel Giansiracusa reportedly interviewed
17/9 Don Pyke “not pursuing that at this stage”
21/9 Brad Scott contacted by the club but won’t make a decision on whether to pursue the role until after the Grand Final
21/9 Adem Yze has second interview and tours the training facilities at Tullamarine
22/9 Blake Caracella will put his hat in the ring
27/9 Brendon Lade appointed as assistant coach at the Western Bulldogs, out of the running for Essendon job
28/9 Brad Scott to be interviewed on Thursday
29/9

Last edited:
Lyon, Scott , Buckley are out there and have had success. Not saying we get any of those.

It depends if we want a younger guy or not too, which we probably don't.

Not sure if we could poach Dimma or someone either.

Dimma wouldn't want to come within 10kms of windy Hill and who would blame him. He will grab Rutten now as an assistant coach again. Ross has said he doesn't want to coach. No to Pyke and Scott. Maybe Bucks but I place him in the same boat as Dimma. If it's Hird I'm out.

Lyon, Scott , Buckley are out there and have had success. Not saying we get any of those.

It depends if we want a younger guy or not too, which we probably don't.

Not sure if we could poach Dimma or someone either.
I like the idea but feel dimma wouldnt come near us after how we treated truck.

Opposition showed stronger support and leadership to truck last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never thought I would think this but experience coach who would help IF available: Brad Scott

If experience doesn't matter then the world's our oyster.

But yeah, probably will be Hird which just isn't right. I'd prefer Bomber back.

As an opposition supporter Please,please,please bring back James Hird.
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

There will be a lot of interest. There are only 18 head coaching roles. Long time assistants or assistances with a genuine desire and belief that they can step up to the top job will apply, regardless of how the club is perceived off field. And the reality is, they won’t want for resources at your club. And there is a list there that can be developed, massive scope for potential and improvement.

I hope Hird does the right thing and categorically (and publicly) rules himself out. Time to move forward properly 👍

With the current divisions within the club, what experienced coach will want to come near us. Didn't Cameron say as much yesterday.

Thought Lyon is no longer interested in coaching, same as Bucks. Pyke, no thanks.

We wouldn't appoint another rookie coach, they would only be set up to fail anyway.

Dismissed a report earlier in the week about Spike, Hird and Solomon for next year. Now i think there is a huge chance this may happen.

I reckon this last week has got Sheeds fingerprints all over it. He's a master manipulator, swap sides to elect a new president, states on radio that Clarkson would be better to go to North, media puppets start to talk about the return of Hird.

Scott I think would be a strong candidate. He pretty consistently overachieved at North and that, to me, is a sign of a pretty good coach.

All I hope is that we go through a proper process and don't do anything stupid like bring back Hird or have the role filled by next week.

There will be a lot of interest. There are only 18 head coaching roles. Long time assistants or assistances with a genuine desire and belief that they can step up to the top job will apply, regardless of how the club is perceived off field. And the reality is, they won’t want for resources at your club. And there is a list there that can be developed, massive scope for potential and improvement.

I hope Hird does the right thing and categorically (and publicly) rules himself out. Time to move forward properly 👍
There will be interest, but after comments made by Dimma last night I doubt the last week of unprofessionalism towards our current coaching staff would mean anybody who has a better offer would be interested in coming to coach the club and I have to say that I can't blame them. Anybody we're poaching will be coming across because they've hit a ceiling in their current role.

Head Coach: Caracella (He has seen it all, look at his resume).
Assistant: Don Pyke

Or visa vera.
and our current assistants.

But it looks like they probably want a past premiership coach, so who knows.
Blake has been part of the issues we have now. Players not understanding his attack plan.
On top of that it will be the same mistake we made with Truck. Already had two years with the current group.
Has to be a fresh face from somewhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back