Coach Who should be our next coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

15/8 Board toppled (reportedly will pursue Clarkson)
19/8 Alastair Clarkson to join North
21/8 Ben Rutten sacked
22/8 Coach selection sub-committee to be established to find a replacement
26/8 Committee members announced: Josh Mahoney (GM-Footy, chair), Dorothy Hisgrove (Board member), Andrew Thorburn, Simone McKinnis, Robert Walls, Jordan Lewis
7/9 James Hird, Dean Solomon, Brendon Lade, Adem Yze interviewed at EY
13/9 Daniel Giansiracusa reportedly interviewed
17/9 Don Pyke “not pursuing that at this stage”
21/9 Brad Scott contacted by the club but won’t make a decision on whether to pursue the role until after the Grand Final
21/9 Adem Yze has second interview and tours the training facilities at Tullamarine
22/9 Blake Caracella will put his hat in the ring
27/9 Brendon Lade appointed as assistant coach at the Western Bulldogs, out of the running for Essendon job
28/9 Brad Scott to be interviewed on Thursday
29/9

Last edited:
Can he call Jack Bowes now and convince him to come?

Thnx Brad

The overarching theme for Brad Scott coached teams were that they basically almost always overachieved relative to talent and resources and he had no issues sticking his neck out.

So the polar opposite to Essendon?

So the polar opposite to Essendon?

It may turn into the arranged marriage made in heaven.

We’re Apu, he’s Manjula, our undersized midfielders are the octuplets

On one hand. I'm glad it's not Hird and I don't have to start barracking for Fremantle.

On the other, we continue to learn nothing.

Gotta give some credit in looking externally for selecting a coach, and - he does technically fall into the guidelines I pointed out before,

Since Sheedy, we had not had a coach who,
  • was a completely fresh person outside of the club prior to assuming the role
  • was extensively experienced in a senior or assistant coaching role (i.e; right hand man)
  • was not tasked with jettisoning the club out of a governing crisis
  • who has never held a previous role at the club in a smaller capacity
And none of them really had the ability to truly fire up, show emotion and intimidate our players when the moments called for it.

Learn from these signs, do the opposite, and we may very well find the right person to guide us.

If the reports are true, then at the moment I am taking it in. I do have to give some credit to trying something different in asking an external panel to recommend a coach, and - he does technically fall into the guidelines I pointed out before,
No if. Members have the email . He is officially the coach.

7 years older than Rutten and 3 years younger than Hird, with 3 years as an assistant and 10 years as a senior coach, and another 3 years as GM-Footy at AFL House.
maths GIF

= #17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making squillions in the property market over the past 10-20 years does not make someone a good businessman - it makes them someone with wealth who decided to put it into property. Ffs nonnas who bought a family home for peanuts 60 years ago made millions in the property market by growing tomatoes in the backyard and watching Tony Burgess from their Franco Cozzo leather couch.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You obviously have zero idea as to what Welsh did.

He spent years knocking on farm gates of properties that were not for sale.
He built investors behind him.

If you’ve tried to buy a rural property you’d know that they have completely different lending criteria compared to residential.

He had to unlock councils to devide land. ( and they are unfriendly in that regard).

He then had to have that land rezoned.
Massive, massive amounts of work.
To not call him a successful business man is a joke.

You’re probably sitting on your butt right now. And he’s probably having a cup of tea at another farm.

Ive heard whispers that he will be bringing Cameron Joyce with him. Joyce was the list manager and best friend of Scott during his coaching rain. He's currently the coach of the GC AFLW team but the lure of being Scott's assistant coach is too much to turn down.

I must admit I'm kind of jealous because I thought Joyce was the best list manager in the country before he left North. I'm not sure if that means Doduo will be leaving too or if he's staying until after the draft.

All the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back