Coach Who should be our next coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

15/8 Board toppled (reportedly will pursue Clarkson)
19/8 Alastair Clarkson to join North
21/8 Ben Rutten sacked
22/8 Coach selection sub-committee to be established to find a replacement
26/8 Committee members announced: Josh Mahoney (GM-Footy, chair), Dorothy Hisgrove (Board member), Andrew Thorburn, Simone McKinnis, Robert Walls, Jordan Lewis
7/9 James Hird, Dean Solomon, Brendon Lade, Adem Yze interviewed at EY
13/9 Daniel Giansiracusa reportedly interviewed
17/9 Don Pyke “not pursuing that at this stage”
21/9 Brad Scott contacted by the club but won’t make a decision on whether to pursue the role until after the Grand Final
21/9 Adem Yze has second interview and tours the training facilities at Tullamarine
22/9 Blake Caracella will put his hat in the ring
27/9 Brendon Lade appointed as assistant coach at the Western Bulldogs, out of the running for Essendon job
28/9 Brad Scott to be interviewed on Thursday
29/9

Last edited:
You obviously have zero idea as to what Welsh did.

He spent years knocking on farm gates of properties that were not for sale.
He built investors behind him.

If you’ve tried to buy a rural property you’d know that they have completely different lending criteria compared to residential.

He had to unlock councils to devide land. ( and they are unfriendly in that regard).

He then had to have that land rezoned.
Massive, massive amounts of work.
To not call him a successful business man is a joke.

You’re probably sitting on your butt right now. And he’s probably having a cup of tea at another farm.
English Breakfast Double Strength tea.

Slobbo =

You obviously have zero idea as to what Welsh did.

He spent years knocking on farm gates of properties that were not for sale.
He built investors behind him.

If you’ve tried to buy a rural property you’d know that they have completely different lending criteria compared to residential.

He had to unlock councils to devide land. ( and they are unfriendly in that regard).

He then had to have that land rezoned.
Massive, massive amounts of work.
To not call him a successful business man is a joke.

You’re probably sitting on your butt right now. And he’s probably having a cup of tea at another farm.
lol... are you a real estate agent per chance?

I don't mind it. At least I can see a final win in his tenure. Out coached us to win a final a few years ago. Record with north ain't bad had them middle range or deep into finals a few times so hopefully with bombers support, history and finances that can help another 5% on what he achieved at north.

I also like the mongrel passion in him, I hope he directs it coterie group/faceless men. I think with both Scott's standing in game and AFL house, they have enough cred to stand up to coterie groups or if the cause issues call out and fully burn the place down.

Think it makes it even tougher on Rutten on reflection. Really put him through hell for a few weeks for nothing. Could have waited, planned the whole coach search/sacking much better.

Would love Solomon at ess and Hird to assistant somewhere else.

If dodo and Sheedy go I think the club might have a chance of changing culture but also finally being free of the drugs safe.

Apart from Heppel who else is left. Id look to move them all on if anyone else left.

I’m well neutral on this but what it definitely is is a hard reset, the hard reset that Worsfold should have been had he not become a lobotomised pod in his last 2 years.

Will be a fascinating watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a whisper Selwood & Solomon could be in line for assistant roles.

Selwood, love him or hate him, was tough as nails footballer.
Joel? I reckon there would be 18 clubs happy to sign him up as an assistant tomorrow. If he’s keen we’d be mad not to bring him in

This bit on what the process involved:
The coaching process was diligent in its approach and detailed in its execution. It begun with a shortlist of over 22 candidates and included a demanding interview process, game style presentations and external personality profiling to ensure we had the full picture of the successful candidate.

The coaching sub-committee met for the final time this afternoon to finalise their recommendation. This recommendation was then fully endorsed by the Board at a meeting this evening.

Hopefully we get a few more details out of Jordan Lewis or someone

Ive heard whispers that he will be bringing Cameron Joyce with him. Joyce was the list manager and best friend of Scott during his coaching rain. He's currently the coach of the GC AFLW team but the lure of being Scott's assistant coach is too much to turn down.

I must admit I'm kind of jealous because I thought Joyce was the best list manager in the country before he left North. I'm not sure if that means Doduo will be leaving too or if he's staying until after the draft.

All the best.
I would honestly welcome it thing Dodoro has had enough time and failed to put together a ist good enough, some decent picks but not quite good enough. I think Dodoro says until the draft at least but after that...too late in the process to cut him off completely now. THough maybe we bring Joyce in to help.

Will be interesting who they have as assistants under him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back