Movie Who should be the next Bond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
What about Richard Madden, of GoT and Bodyguard tv series, oh he’s Scottish, then again Sean Connery was Scottish
He was pretty bland in the Enternals so I have my reservations , he was also fantastic in the bodyguard
I’m in two minds about him personally

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Bond producer Barbara Broccoli seems to be doubling down on the idea that Bond must remain male and British (though not necessarily white).

"I think it will be a man because I don't think a woman should play James Bond ... I believe in making characters for women and not just having women play men's roles. I don't think there are enough great roles for women, and it's very important to me that we make movies for women about women. He should be British, so British can be any [ethnicity or race]."

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Bond producer Barbara Broccoli seems to be doubling down on the idea that Bond must remain male and British (though not necessarily white).

"I think it will be a man because I don't think a woman should play James Bond ... I believe in making characters for women and not just having women play men's roles. I don't think there are enough great roles for women, and it's very important to me that we make movies for women about women. He should be British, so British can be any [ethnicity or race]."

She said this ages ago, think it's pretty clear that we're not likely to see the James Bond character suddenly be Jane Bond. Which is a good thing.

As she says; make a great character for a woman, don't just take a man's character and plonk a woman in it for the sake of it.

Poetic Justice

upon us all a little rain must fall
Jun 21, 2008
Nunya
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
He was pretty bland in the Enternals so I have my reservations , he was also fantastic in the bodyguard
I’m in two minds about him personally

Just can never get past his pronunciation of "Ma'am" in Bodyguard though, hah.

I don't think he has the depth for it, although British, Charlie Hunnam.

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
She said this ages ago, think it's pretty clear that we're not likely to see the James Bond character suddenly be Jane Bond. Which is a good thing.

As she says; make a great character for a woman, don't just take a man's character and plonk a woman in it for the sake of it.
It's all well and good saying 'just make great women's characters' but the reality is a lot of decision makers are men that don't think original women characters will sell tickets, plus we know existing IP offers a greater chance of success, which is why we are seeing shared universes, sequels, spin-offs etc. A successful 'Jane Bond' movie might make studios more willing to make female-led films.

I'm neither here nor there; happy to accept James Bond the way he is, but just as happy to accept it as a code name that can be any race or gender. It's a fictional movie character, if it's entertaining and still comes across as a James Bond film, then all's good.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
What about Richard Madden, of GoT and Bodyguard tv series, oh he’s Scottish, then again Sean Connery was Scottish

He's not really a favourite in the betting odds, but Sam Heughan would be a good one IMO. A Scottish bond would be a nice throwback to Connery's run.

Poetic Justice

upon us all a little rain must fall
Jun 21, 2008
Nunya
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
It's all well and good saying 'just make great women's characters' but the reality is a lot of decision makers are men that don't think original women characters will sell tickets, plus we know existing IP offers a greater chance of success, which is why we are seeing shared universes, sequels, spin-offs etc. A successful 'Jane Bond' movie might make studios more willing to make female-led films.

I'm neither here nor there; happy to accept James Bond the way he is, but just as happy to accept it as a code name that can be any race or gender. It's a fictional movie character, if it's entertaining and still comes across as a James Bond film, then all's good.

Why can't they more or less bring out 2 movies in the span of 12 months - one being James and the other being Jane?

I mean, the world seems happy to accept 25 superhero movies a year (...and for me, I don't get it..)

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Idris Elba would have been awesome but he's too old now.

dumb

i sh*t blue
Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
With Daniel Craig bowing out who should be the actor to replace him as James Bond 007?

Rules:
  1. Actor should be over 30 but under 45 (preferably under 40)
  2. Actor must be from the British Isles (including Ireland) or the Commonwealth (Australia, Canada, South Africa, Singapore, India etc)
  3. Any gender
  4. Any ethnicity
  5. Must be above average height (i.e. approaching 6ft or taller)
Notes: Regardless of the actor the character should still be called James Bond and be part of the British Upper Class.

fits the age bracket and geographic upbringing. suave, wears a suit, nice voice. could pass for 6ft at 5ft 10.

michael buble

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad