Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Marc McGowan

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Scamper the Cat

Votes: 78 69.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's easy to lay the brunt of the blame on the coach.

Look yes I agree, tough guy Scotty is a horrible senior coach, but let's be honest here.... your list is putrid. I really do hope North can get back to their glory days, as the AFL is a better place when the shinboners are up and about!

Last edited by a moderator:

Look yes I agree, tough guy Scotty is a horrible senior coach, but let's be honest here.... your list is putrid. I really do hope Norf can get back to their glory days, as the AFL is a better place when the shinboners are up and about!
Tough guy Scotty has had 10 years to build the list into something that isn’t putrid, that’s the issue many north supporters have

Look yes I agree, tough guy Scotty is a horrible senior coach, but let's be honest here.... your list is putrid. I really do hope Norf can get back to their glory days, as the AFL is a better place when the shinboners are up and about!
Every god damned time when its a non north supporter they go to this. Nah your list sucks. Like somehow a ten year coach would have no effect on a list. Like somehow an outdated and easily figured out game plan doesn't have an effect. As if the failings of a team doesnt start and end with the man in charge.

I’d can the Norf s**t around here

Geez Brisbane didn't muck around in sacking Voss in his 5th year in 2013. He made the finals in his 1st year in 2009. Albeit they stuffed up again appointing Leppa as the next coach. As a neutral supporter, I am surprised that Brad Scott has lasted for 10 years. That is a long time for a coach without a grand final appearance or premiership. North has always had a good list too.

Geez Brisbane didn't muck around in sacking Voss in his 5th year in 2013. He made the finals in his 1st year in 2009. Albeit they stuffed up again appointing Leppa as the next coach. As a neutral supporter, I am surprised that Brad Scott has lasted for 10 years. That is a long time for a coach without a grand final appearance or premiership. North has always had a good list too.
I wouldn’t mind voss

He copped it for getting fev and others when he topped up but he did decent for his first go around

Half of us realised this after his first 5ish years. Most of the other half are realising it now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New coach or a second chance saloon coach - it’s the million dollar question.

Ratten is one most likely as a former coach - did an ok job at the bluws with limited resources in hindsight.
Seems to have made an impact at two clubs as an assistant.

First time coach - everyone is into Mitchell but think he’ll be hard to get
Don’t know how Stevie J is going but he’d be worth a look as an assistant.

How do you know that? Has he recently become mentally ******ed?
Did you not read my entire post? I said Pagan is not equipped for the modern game as a senior coach. Hell he was well past his use-by-date by the end of his tenure at Carlton. However he could still be used in a mentoring capacity for us, a similar role to that of Robert Walls at Carlton.

Did you not read my entire post? I said Pagan is not equipped for the modern game as a senior coach. Hell he was well past his use-by-date by the end of his tenure at Carlton.

Based on what?

If the gettable names being bandied about in this thread are the only ones out there then realistically, the value of changing the current coach is hardly going to be worthwhile.

Clarko and Simmo make sense if they were attainable. Mitchell as well, and as much as it pains me, Hodges has more leadership skills that he could teach than any other of the possible candidates. I'm not convinced that any of those blokes are likely to take on the job though, even if the stars lined up regarding contracts and so on.

Even Ratten would probably prefer to have a chance to finish the job at the Aunts, as that seems to be working out.

Sumich... He seems to be respected as a developer, and North have plenty of room for that in order to improve. But other than what I read here, I know nothing.

But the suggestions of Leppa, Voss and their Ilk. Na. Please, just no.

Do not get the love for Ratten. Had his chance.

We need fresh blood.
anyone under the Clarko regime! will never get a sniff at Mitchel, he will be hawthorns next coach, I would go hell for leather at Clarko himself (however unlikely in the short term) or Ratts, Ratten would have had Carlton off the canvas a lot sooner than any of their other coaches

Based on what?
The modern game is much, much more tactical and strategic than it ever was in the 90's or early 2000's. Pagan would be exposed as a dinosaur in the top job these days, his ruthlessness and no media policy would not cut it either.

That said we could use a bit of old school aggression around the club, would keep the players and even coaches on their toes.

The modern game is much, much more tactical and strategic than it ever was in the 90's or early 2000's. Pagan would be exposed as a dinosaur in the top job these days, his ruthlessness and no media policy would not cut it either.

That said we could use a bit of old school aggression around the club, would keep the players and even coaches on their toes.
Off topic slightly, picking up what you're putting down, think Arch moving on impacted the ruthlessness?

get Hird and Dank over, we'll bounce into top four in two months

Back