• Marc McGowan

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Scamper the Cat

Votes: 78 69.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

[

The fourth estate lacks Marc McGowan types in general.

Too many insiders seduced by their perceived position, and not enough external observers seeking the truth of the matter. The latter is a much less comfortable place to be, and therefore requires ticker.
Spot on.

The butter soft Dorothy Dixers thrown out by Tom Browne at the start of the Friday night after game press conferences are a classic example of this.

I wonder how long it will be before the flogs at head office start trying to hose McGowan down?

I have folks in their 40's, 50's & 60's who are serious hard core North fans that are talking about giving it away. These are people who have 100 North jumpers in the wardrobe. They are shattered.

I have a kid who I bought a membership and seat for who has passed up going to the two Melbourne matches this year, and I don't know what he's doing for Saturday night, otherwise I won't be bothering to go again either.

This is an abominable situation.

Meanwhile over at Arden Street....................

In that last gif shutting the door is actually the smartest and most effective option. The fire didn't start till they opened it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d think Mitchell.

Spent over a decade with Clarkson, a year under Simpson during their flag and then will have a year coaching under Clarkson.

Just do a proper thorough screening process this time. Get some experienced outside expertise to help guide it, preferably build a group who disagree a bit with each other.

No infatuations with former star players or media darlings for the sake of it. The best candidate might be a former champion or might well be a lower profile assistant somewhere.

Remember when clubs were clamouring for Terry Wallace?

Hawks missed out and ended up taking some bloke who played for North Melbourne in the early 90s was an assistant coach at Port Adelaide. Not sure how he worked out for them.

I know its not been a great start but some people are over reacting a bit. Why would someone who is passionate about the team and have 100 jumpers in the closet be giving up on the club. That is a poor attitude. They would have been through much worse than this in their time, if they are still here now, they are unlikely to be going anywhere. Nor should they.. We are not glory hunters we are shinboners.

I know its not been a great start but some people are over reacting a bit. Why would someone who is passionate about the team and have 100 jumpers in the closet be giving up on the club. That is a poor attitude. They would have been through much worse than this in their time, if they are still here now, they are unlikely to be going anywhere. Nor should they.. We are not glory hunters we are shinboners.

I think it’s more about the apparent rudderless course we seem to be on (on field) yes we played two prelims but we have been mediocre for 20 years, 10 of which have been under the current coaching regime, the supporters are subject to the whole Norf/irrelevant/relocate rubbish and share the longest current streak of not playing in a grand final. It’s not just these 3 games

Back