Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Marc McGowan

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Scamper the Cat

Votes: 78 69.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Update: The coach is coming with a late surge!!!!

Scamper the cat: 46
B. Scott: 1

I know Bailey has started well but Jebus let’s not overload him

Humphrey .B. Bear he can’t speak so no bullshit .. actions speak louder than words ..

[

The fourth estate lacks Marc McGowan types in general.

Too many insiders seduced by their perceived position, and not enough external observers seeking the truth of the matter. The latter is a much less comfortable place to be, and therefore requires ticker.

Happens at most large organisations, hire external parties to conduct a review of business/operations. That needs to come from Buckley and the board.

Warning: wishful thinking and going over old ground ahead...

With absolutely no evidence I think Longmire's passion at Sydney is waning and timing is right for a new challenge and a mutually agreeable early release from Sydney. Both he and Brad due to finish up end of 2020? Say farewell to Brad Round 7 or whatever this season then let Tudor have a go then get Horse in. Assistant coach market is speculative (despite the great names being thrown up here) and we've just had one in Brad. My gut is we need a tried and true next time.

What about a banner or signage to get the message across? Of course now would be too early but its not a bad idea for down the track when we are 0-7.
We need urgent change. Thanks for the 10 years Brad but its time to say goodbye.

With absolutely no evidence I think Longmire's passion at Sydney is waning and timing is right for a new challenge and a mutually agreeable early release from Sydney. Both he and Brad due to finish up end of 2020? Say farewell to Brad Round 7 or whatever this season then let Tudor have a go then get Horse in. Assistant coach market is speculative (despite the great names being thrown up here) and we've just had one in Brad. My gut is we need a tried and true next time.

I have to admit I'm not as convinced on Longmire as some. His team has been... brittle without Buddy for a long time now. We don't have Buddy.

I remember in 2009 we were crying out for a high profile coach and Sydney snapped up Horse on the succession plan and Buckley got kidnapped by Ed. Was a let down when we went with Scott.
I would take anyone right now though. ANYONE.
Thats how ****ed things are

I remember in 2009 we were crying out for a high profile coach and Sydney snapped up Horse on the succession plan and Buckley got kidnapped by Ed. Was a let down when we went with Scott.
I would take anyone right now though. ANYONE.
Thats how ****** things are
Except Hird or Voss.

No thanks .. didn’t he knock us back one other time ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn’t some kinda of banter I see Alastair Clarkson coaching the club. If hawthorn goes backwards and we are near the bottom it may just happen.

This isn’t some kinda of banter I see Alastair Clarkson coaching the club. If hawthorn goes backwards and we are near the bottom it may just happen.

There's really nothing left for him to do at Hawthorn anyway, he's done it all. I think it'd be a good refreshing start as a coach to move to a new club and let's be honest. He's going to one day, especially if Hawthorn is keen on Sam Mitchell being handed the reins.

I believe that Mark Neeld is open to offers.

And Vossy is not so crazy these days.

Brett Ratten would be good for you guys.

What about Denis Pagan? He would come back if asked. He could resurrect "Pagan's Paddock", with Ben Brown one out!

What about Denis Pagan? He would come back if asked. He could resurrect "Pagan's Paddock", with Ben Brown one out!
The irony of this post is that crazy Voss sat next to me in the AFL members area to watch north Vs Richmond play off round 22 in 1996. He was pretty talkative, I'll give him that. Very keen for Richmond to win as well.

He mentioned many times during the game that north had no structure up forward, and I think he was almost shocked when north scored goals as he couldn't work out how the open forward line worked. At one stage he was going on about how Justin Charles was a better footballer than Corey McKernan even saying how Charles was a pure footballer and how much he admired him. ******* weird.

I suspect that the game looks a lot different from the stands compared to from the field, so he can have the benefit of the doubt, but I reckon that great natural players like he was probably don't appreciate how a really well disciplined game plan can create a great team the way that Pagan did.

By the way, Corey didn't get BoG that day from the ABC commentators, although I thought he was. So I got to tell Vossy that he won the ABC footballer of the year prize.

Nice bloke. Affable, but to be a coach he would need to have learned to watch the game with a very different eye. For what it's worth, I think this was Schimma's problem as well. Hardest working player there was, but couldn't figure out why every player on the field didn't give as much as he did every week.

It was great we went after Kelly/Martin/Gaff/De Goey - we basically missed out on gun players at top 4 clubs getting paid their market worth and didn't choose any other club i.e. very hard to prise away.

But it's not enough to just chase quality targets. Need to win games too. Can't help but think if we were a rising top 8 side one of those players would have been convinced to come over.

NO!
NO!
NO!
NO! Ben Brown isnt and never will be a Carey which Pagans Paddock was centered around.

When we eventually get a new coach they would need to be either a coach that is experienced and has had success or someone who has been involved with a club which has been successful. Getting anyone else would be a waste of time.

Julian Assange has had plenty of time to put together a game plan. And a plan B.
R8ZXz3x.png

Back