• Marc McGowan

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Scamper the Cat

Votes: 78 69.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent Ratten for me.
Gun coach and has it all. Carlton should never had let him slip the way they did.
Brett’s brother Brent?..

As long as it’s a Ratten I’m with ya cuz!

While watching clarke running round with the swans tonight its just dawned on me that we have regressed furter than ryans hairline.

I don't think so. It was halfway down his back when he was drafted and hasn't moved has it?

Let's assume the club or Brad makes the right call and he goes. Great. But then, who should replace him?

For a while I've been keen on Tudor, but he's been part of the current regime for too long, so maybe he's tainted and is part of the problem?
Blakey has good pedigree, won flags under Pagan, then with Matthews at the Lions towards the end of their reign, then at the Swans for flags. Does he want to be head coach?
Sam Mitchell could be good, won 4 flags under Clarko, won with Simmo at WC last year, now back in Melb with Clarko.
Ratten an option, although personally I'm not keen on him.
Simmo would be awesome, but I don't think he's the kind of person to just walk out on WC and leave them high and dry, after they gave him the chance to coach.

So who should be our next coach, and why?

Why not Ratten, interested in your thoughts?
He is the biggest standout in football for mine. Was solid at Carlton at his first attempt (look what has happened since). Multiple flags with Clarko, Beveridge and Fagan at Hawks. Single handedly (I'm joking a bit) has changed bottom 4 Saints into the hardest running side in the comp. who fight games out.

I'll be really annoyed if we don't go hard for him.

True, so even if we win Good Friday I'm still not letting Brad off the hook, if we beat Port Adelaide at AO I'll be somewhat impressed.
Not sure even that is a good guide Billy his record is perhaps worse than B Scotts With his resources and list 2013 8th 2014 5th 2015 9th 2016 10th 2017 5th 2018 10 th. Nothing real flash there.

Obviously B.Scotts time is up at North yes I am a realist even if some posters think I am not. I am on Brett Ratten banwagon as well has everything we need I think he was very unlucky to be sacked at Carlton. Time under the master would have been priceless and now looking good at the Saints. Maybe the time is right for him once again.

Can some one please explain the love for Sam Mitchell? What experience does he have coaching? What are his man management skills like? Has he actually ever coached a team?

If we’re choosing a guy because he played in a successful team, why the * don’t we get Voss? At least he has some idea what coaching involves.

Mitchell may be a good coach one day but he is miles away from being ready.

There are 4 guys we should look at:
Francou
Sumich
Voss
Ratten

All have coached their own teams and all have been at multiple clubs. I’d be happy with any of them.

Can some one please explain the love for Sam Mitchell? What experience does he have coaching? What are his man management skills like? Has he actually ever coached a team?

If we’re choosing a guy because he played in a successful team, why the **** don’t we get Voss? At least he has some idea what coaching involves.

Francou
Sumich
Voss
Ratten

All have coached their own teams and all have been at multiple clubs. I’d be happy with any of them.

Take your point, but history would suggest a club is more likely to win a flag with a first time head coach who has worked in successful systems than an experienced coach who has previously failed to win a flag.

Take your point, but history would suggest a club is more likely to win a flag with a first time head coach who has worked in successful systems than an experienced coach who has previously failed to win a flag.
How many premierships have been won by a club that had a head coach with only 2 years experience as a head coach?

If you want to look at coaching history, look beyond the AFL.

If we’re choosing a guy because he played in a successful team, why the **** don’t we get Voss? At least he has some idea what coaching involves.

Francou
Sumich
Voss
Ratten

I guess Mitchell is the shiny new toy on the scene. He’s obviously unproven, never coached his own team so he’d be a gamble.

I don’t know a lot about Francou’s credentials to be honest. SANFL success I take. Sumich May have missed the boat like a Bryan Royal type years ago. Voss I’d say no. I though he ****ed up royally at Brisbane.

Ratten is the intriguing one. Was decent at Carlton. Was a victim of their need for a coaching messiah. Similar to Wayne Brittain really. Done his time at a few clubs since and they seems to go alright when he’s there.

I’m warming to him. I guess I just had to shake off the “sacked coach” stigma.

How many premierships have been won by a club that had a head coach with only 2 years experience as a head coach?

If you want to look at coaching history, look beyond the AFL.
I am with KT on this one. I think right were we are at the moment I believe we need someone that has had a fair bit of time in the system as either head coach or assistant coach who has worked under successful coaches I would not be surprised if one or two have not been asked their situation already behind closed doors obviously. just guessing but we will wait and see I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Montgomery is an interesting one Ziebull. What made you think of him.
Nearly got the head gig at the dogs before bevo got it. Read good things about Brett

And has been assistant coach of the year also

He’s now over at port
Port have some good assistants with him Voss and Schofield

If by some chance Scotts exits early then for mine we need a coach who has the ability to build a team and a culture....a coach who has experienced success.......i dont think we can take the chance on a recycled ex head coach......for mine stockpile as much cash as possible and get Clarkson.

Some of you don't realise that it's your own dumb attitudes towards the club.
Heaven forbid why go so far with everything?

Let it go

Yet again wtaf am i reading threads that are going too far by some absolute idiot supporters in here.
You can't sack a coach mid season.
you can replace him after his contract ends next year.

Show some faith or go and find some other team to follow.

Yet again wtaf am i reading threads that are going too far by some absolute idiot supporters in here.
You can't sack a coach mid season.
you can replace him after his contract ends next year.

Show some faith or go and find some other team to follow.

Nothing personal Brad, it’s just business

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back