Who should coach Freo in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I can't read my posts for you , I'm afraid it's just you and your struggle with a fairly straight forward concept

You with nothing to back your opinion other than you love hagdorn - who has got it right maybe three times in ten years?

"We haven't improved much we've probably just gone backwards a bit less than some other teams"

We haven't improved much = small or incremental improvement. Clear?
We have just gone backwards a bit less than others = not improved but gone backwards. Clear?

Genius.. Opinion man.

Still in the ‘Ross out’ camp, but realistically he was never going to be replaced for 2020. It was not financially viable due to the soft cap and there’s enough statistical improvement in the team for him to coach into the last year of his contract.

I always advocated that the best thing the club can do is run a big broom through the assistant coaching, development and medico departments. It looks likely that might happen now which is a major positive.

The effect is twofold - firstly it gives Ross the best possible chance to succeed next year since he doesn’t have to do the cobbling of dud cobblers. We might see how his vision for the team pans out with new ideas coming from the sidelines, and (hopefully) an improvement in the medical department sees us with better availability. I want to see Freo succeed with this rebuild, so this would be option numero uno and Ross would get the nod to take us on another flag tilt

Second, if he does fail and we get another year where we look dour, poor skills, have a stilted gameplan that can’t score and lose games we should be winning then we might have some decent assistants who can step in and take the reigns.
It was good to see Guerra moved on, hopefully a few more follow and the club has some decent names willing to join the club as assistants who have the pedigree to be senior coach too. Would love to snag Longmuir for example

You with nothing to back your opinion other than you love hagdorn - who has got it right maybe three times in ten years?

"We haven't improved much we've probably just gone backwards a bit less than some other teams"

We haven't improved much = small or incremental improvement. Clear?
We have just gone backwards a bit less than others = not improved but gone backwards. Clear?

Genius.. Opinion man.

I'm glad you got your head around it but I think genius is a bit much

Tony have a geek at the improvements this season with out a sack Lyon agenda. You might get pleasantly surprised;)

Look I'll type really slowly for you I THINK ..... just me and my thousands of avid listeners anyway that the whole comp has taken a bit of a step backwards and a lot of the better teams have come right back to the pack relative to the supposedly improving teams like us

That's all , what do you think Rosco was getting at when he said there's a lot of mediocrity around at the moment

Look at us absolute garbage 1 week and gold the next

Look I'll type really slowly for you I THINK ..... just me and my thousands of avid listeners anyway that the whole comp has taken a bit of a step backwards and a lot of the better teams have come right back to the pack relative to the supposedly improving teams like us

That's all , what do you think Rosco was getting at when he said there's a lot of mediocrity around at the moment

Not many listeners on here Tony .:p:rolleyes:

okay i will go out on a limb and say you've probably got red hair, used to play for the weagles and consider yourself a great fisherman. You certainly do a fair bit of fishing with your posts (amazed you have time for all this rubbish).

Bugger off "tony geeks", you have never supported freo, just thrown grenades and tried to go with negative because you (and 6pr) know that only negative stories is what gets people tuning into your crappy sport show...
When was the last time you had Lyon on with coaches, back to back on a monday night ?? maybe you've had the shits ever since and this is pay back...whatever... i hope he never returns, i'm happy to see and hear what Lyon has to say via the club website.

okay i will go out on a limb and say you've probably got red hair, used to play for the weagles and consider yourself a great fisherman. You certainly do a fair bit of fishing with your posts (amazed you have time for all this rubbish).

Bugger off "tony geeks", you have never supported freo, just thrown grenades and tried to go with negative because you (and 6pr) know that only negative stories is what gets people tuning into your crappy sport show...
When was the last time you had Lyon on with coaches, back to back on a monday night ?? maybe you've had the s**ts ever since and this is pay back...whatever... i hope he never returns, i'm happy to see and hear what Lyon has to say via the club website.

Sometimes I feel guilty that I do waste too much time on here

But then something beautiful happens

Bring Worsfold in as a Senior Assistant overlooking/Support for our new senior coach Justin Longmuir.

Sandi takes the ruck department. Jarryd Roughead as fwd coach.

When don pyke gets sacked, replace prior with him.

We need a good mixture of Young vibrant coaches who relate to this playing group, with older heads who won’t be YES men. Eg; Woosha, Pyke.

If Saints are stupid enough to not make Ratten Coach...get him in!

Sack Prior, Hale, Rock, Weber and of course Ross.
I love the idea of Roughead as FWD Coach - or any coach in that matter - his story and resolve is amazing - beating cancer and all...

Same boat here, I think Ratten is rolled gold. I doubt we'd be able to lure him over but we should try. He's the best of the caretaker coaches and has real AFL and life experience. You listen to him operate and it's easy to see why players would bleed for him.

It would suck to see the Saints make a competent decision for once and hire him. If we could sever ties with RTB before that happens I'd love to see us lay a godfather offer on the table that he can't refuse. All pretty unlikely though unfortunately.

Godfather offer. Brett Ratten. Let's do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back