Who should coach Freo in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Being critical of Fremantle players past or present or future doesn't mean you are a WC supporter, it means you want Freo to do better so they can win the flag.

Helicopter posters on the other hand that positively reinforce every single aspect of the club come hell or high water though, that's a really damaging mindset to have, as it reinforces bad choices, which is half the reason why we've been so unsuccessful over our 25 year history. So take a good hard look at yourself next time you criticise someone for wanting the club to be better, instead of propping up it's rotting corpse.

Also, the attitide around this place of 'support the club at all costs or you are a white ant/WC supporter' is like some obscene distopian cult. It is toxic as hell and needs to change, from the top down.

It's unacceptable.

What is unacceptable is calling someone you can't possibly know a meathead.You need to take a good hard look at yourself.
Reinforces that you don't know what the hell you're talking about

Ken Hinkley also has a fear of functional forward lines so no
This. To be quite truthful I think we'd improve drastically if we employed a capable forward line tactician/coach that Ross can work with. We all know that Ross can cover 60% of the ground.

What is unacceptable is calling someone you can't possibly know a meathead.You need to take a good hard look at yourself.
Reinforces that you don't know what the hell you're talking about
You don't need to personally know someone to be able tell that they're not overly intelligent, after watching them speak for years. And coming to that conclusion certainly doesn't make me a WC supporter.

Would you have a problem if I said it about Trump? Or does just J Lo get whiteknighted?

Anything else you want to be angry about?

justin leppitch richmonds forward line coach
west coasts forward coach
brisbanes forward line i rate
david teague

which other teams forward line coachs

You don't need to personally know someone to be able tell that they're not overly intelligent, after watching them speak for years. And coming to that conclusion certainly doesn't make me a WC supporter.

Would you have a problem if I said it about Trump? Or does just J Lo get whiteknighted?

Anything else you want to be angry about?

Your choice of coach appears to be Sumich. Have you heard him speak. Now I know that Sumich is extremely intelligent but hearing him speak might tell you otherwise.
You have obviously never heard of don't judge a book by the cover.

Hinkley comes across as a no nonsense type which would be a positive. Isn't scared of swinging the axe, (or scoring for that matter) which I feel is something we need.

Was always going to struggle this year after losing guys like Polec, Wingard etc.
Hinkley is still the same generation as Ross so maybe not too innovative, etc, but given the youngsters Port have brought in this year it would be interesting to know how he has related to them as the mindset of the newer generation is a little different from Ross and Ken's era. Still the other difference is Port probably have much better assistants.

Your choice of coach appears to be Sumich. Have you heard him speak. Now I know that Sumich is extremely intelligent but hearing him speak might tell you otherwise.
You have obviously never heard or don't judge a book by the cover.
With this generation of players maybe you only have to text them anyway so speaking may not be that important.

we need someone who takes responibiltiy for wins and loses. someone who can speak upto the recruiters and tell them to stop getting injured players or players with mental issues that other clubs don't want.

Ken Hinkley also has a fear of functional forward lines so no
He is definitely a subscriber to the philosophy that football is won/lost in the midfield and that you build from defence, but most coaches are. Senior Coaches need to put others in place to develop different aspects of the game plan, and with us, I am not sure if Hale can or cannot do that. Our forward line has been decimated, our rucks likewise, and our midfield underwhelming. I heard that all the assistants are "on notice" regarding contracts, but in that situation I am not going to judge Hale. We have the bones of a functioning forward line in place, just not available.

I think Lyon, Hinkley and Pyke are all flawed coaches who who have shown that they can coach. Maybe there is a shuffle of deckchairs, but regardless, a structure needs to be put in place at their club to get the best out of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we need someone who takes responibiltiy for wins and loses. someone who can speak upto the recruiters and tell them to stop getting injured players or players with mental issues that other clubs don't want.
That is Peter Bell's role at the club. Lyon would have input, but they report to the Bell.

Get out & about & you might meet some people, it’s amazing who you meet when you are around football clubs all your life. Re WC, if I supported them, I think I’d be happy to show it & it’s obviously not too hard to stir up Freo supporters atm, no matter who you support.
BTW, when you first set up your Big Footy a/c were you accused of being a troll? Gotta start sometime.

It's not too hard to stir up Freo supporters

And

If I was a WC supporter

These two lines has me suspicious that you're not a Freo supporter Damien

This. To be quite truthful I think we'd improve drastically if we employed a capable forward line tactician/coach that Ross can work with. We all know that Ross can cover 60% of the ground.

He is capable of covering the full 100%. As a player, he averaged about a goal a game, so he knows where the sticks are, and how to get the ball through them. I think his problem is being stuck in the Paul Roos groove, and doesn't know how to get out of it.

With the soft cap handcuffs underperforming clubs find themselves operating with these days I wonder if there will be a coaching trade / loan one day

Take our position and ports , both kinda tied to coaches they might not necessarily like to be there so the contracts stay the same but Hinkley comes to Freo and Lyon goes to Port and it gives a breath of fresh air and a 12 mth cushion so the clubs can really get their house in order chasing a new coach

One of them will probably have a good year and save their career and probably get a new deal

Schofield. Has a prior connection to the club and has coached three WAFL premierships.
was apparently approached in about 2014 (from a mate who's one of the very few who rocks up to every Subi game and ends up in the rooms).

don't rate the bloke that much and coaching that Subi side was pretty straight forward.

Brett Ratten for me. he took a terrible list to finals and was stuck in that Carlton predicament of playing finals but never taking risks because it'll cook your career. Mick Malthouse, the silly old senile dickhead, went there and it fell to s**t. as it should have before. he's been at one of the best teams ever with the Hawks, under a great guy and smart coach and no nonsense and simple dude with Clarko, and has gone through personal agony and understands what matters in life. and how to speak to young men now. look at this video of him where he tells a young bloke to have a shot at goal, cos if he hits it, he's debuting. the kid doesn't hit it but the moment isn't lost. that's what this team needs: a cuddle, a 'come on mate, what are you doing out there? you are better than this s**t. seriously. you've got all the talent!' instead of Ross Lyon fawning over the same core players and screaming down your throat.

Ratten, Longmuir assistant.

I'd even take Teague.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back