Who should coach Freo in 2020

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I just don't know. But don't go banging on the players. All those criticising Mr Darcy must be unaware of how he beat the port ruck and how he was taking it up to Gawn until he was taken out by a Melbourne player. Then they must have missed the heart breaking freo tweet that mentioned hill with a calf and Darcy with ribs, so nick off. He was brave playing the following week you twits and Sandilands was brave to play out the derby.

Could go on. I feel for them all seeing it all get broken. You think the players are enjoying the games anymore than we are. Lay off.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Teague has had the freedom to play the mature bodies in the prime roles again. Go watch early season Carlton and see how their young players are having big games in prime positions but the team is losing, Bolton is fired and mature players are back and the team has some wins.

A new coach at Freo means dropping the young players, playing the mature bodies and grinding out 64-55 wins.

I swear Taylor sometimes I reckon we could all just stop posting for a day and you could argue with yourself on here and make it just as entertaining. You have more positions than the Kamasutra

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I just don't know. But don't go banging on the players. All those criticising Mr Darcy must be unaware of how he beat the port ruck and how he was taking it up to Gawn until he was taken out by a Melbourne player. Then they must have missed the heart breaking freo tweet that mentioned hill with a calf and Darcy with ribs, so nick off. He was brave playing the following week you twits and Sandilands was brave to play out the derby.

Could go on. I feel for them all seeing it all get broken. You think the players are enjoying the games anymore than we are. Lay off.
Agree we shouldn't be bagging players but should Darcy have played the last game when he was injured before he started? He could hardly move. I don't think that's brave but if unfit should have been replaced by S. Jones. Is this a coach or S&C decision?

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agree we shouldn't be bagging players but should Darcy have played the last game when he was injured before he started? He could hardly move. I don't think that's brave but if unfit should have been replaced by S. Jones. Is this a coach or S&C decision?
I know, but neither could lobby or sanderlands.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Why did kirk leave??
I recently heard he had a run in with lyon after a press conference. Lyon through a bottle of water at him.
Sumich went in to bat for Kirk.
The Sumich-Lyon relationship died.
Probable just all horse s**t.
The guy that told me is a south freo man also wants sumich to lead the club.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Why did kirk leave??
I recently heard he had a run in with lyon after a press conference. Lyon through a bottle of water at him.
Sumich went in to bat for Kirk.
The Sumich-Lyon relationship died.
Probable just all horse s**t.
The guy that told me is a south freo man also wants sumich to lead the club.
There’s a few of those ala Fanta pants who want Sumich at the helm

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
Most ridiculous acrimony toward Lyon (and I dare say toward Sumich) ....absolute twaddle to have a petition running. A ninety point dobbing was terrible but most had started to get expectations they did not have say after the first seven to eight rounds. No question that without Taberner, Hogan, Pierce and no fit ruckman we would be lucky to sustain the form we had achieved.

Review Lyon at the end of the year... after all we still need one more year of trading and draft (2019) to get depth and balance into our list for the 2020 assault.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Think you’ve answered your own question there.
I hope so. But who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Look at bomber thompson. He turned out to be australias "el chappo"

If the players & staff really love ross they are going to have to pull together pretty bloody quick. I feel our footy team had already fractured before this weekend.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Most ridiculous acrimony toward Lyon (and I dare say toward Sumich) ....absolute twaddle to have a petition running. A ninety point dobbing was terrible but most had started to get expectations they did not have say after the first seven to eight rounds. No question that without Taberner, Hogan, Pierce and no fit ruckman we would be lucky to sustain the form we had achieved.

Review Lyon at the end of the year... after all we still need one more year of trading and draft (2019) to get depth and balance into our list for the 2020 assault.
We did not put up a Yelp. The derbys have been non contests for 4 years. Eagles have played in 2 recent grandys & won another cup.
Trading out Barlow.
Neale. Now Hill ******* off.
Something needs to change & ross is too freaking stubborn. He does not seem capable. I love the guy. But his work here is done. Bring in Justin. Send ross to Carlton.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
And how the hell did gaff not get ruffled up a bit. Did not have to hurt him but jeez, make a statement. Ffs. Weak as piss

Absolutely on the money!!

I was waiting for a Conca type to explode, it just never happened. I’m not big on the biffo when I played and when watching Freo. But I wouldn’t have minded it on Saturday!

I’m not a 6pr fanboy, I don’t bow to the alter of Hardie/Haggers and Co but there has to be something going on internally. Ross meeting with sos, Langdon/ Hills on the move??? Who knows.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle

2020 assault..?!

You’re kidding right? The last two weeks have been in our top 10 worst performances in 25 years.

2.19 in a 91 point loss!, losing to an 18th place Carlton without Cripps/Curnow.

I don’t have us winning another game in 2019 and you think we’ll be planning an assault for the flag next year.

I think the first step should be playing instinctive footy with attacking mindset. Obviously that would mean a new coach.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Absolutely on the money!!

I was waiting for a Conca type to explode, it just never happened. I’m not big on the biffo when I played and when watching Freo. But I wouldn’t have minded it on Saturday!

I’m not a 6pr fanboy, I don’t bow to the alter of Hardie/Haggers and Co but there has to be something going on internally. Ross meeting with sos, Langdon/ Hills on the move??? Who knows.
Even a bit of a verbal. It was all very benign. No fire in anybody's eyes.
Just going through the motions.

Hope is afterall, the strongest human emotion.

Neither does not changing.

Just quickly, who are the mature bodies that didn't play on the weekend that would have won us the game?
Nyhuis in place of Cerra the week before, carrying through to this week. We wouldn't have "played" Crowden on Shuey are two that immediately spring to mind.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Ross is done, either 2019, 2020, 2021, regardless change is inevitable. I would like a smooth transition, controlled
burn than a Drum, Harvey Fix.
Drum and Harvey change overs were nothing like each other.

Drum was a highly recommended up and comer brought in through an interview process. New ideas, fresh face.

Harvey was a long standing senior assistant at Essendon before being recruited as Senior Assistant/coach-in-waiting. Surely that is your "smooth transition, controlled burn" strategy? If not, what do you have in mind?

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle

Drum was a highly recommended up and comer brought in through an interview process. New ideas, fresh face.

Harvey was a long standing senior assistant at Essendon before being recruited as Senior Assistant/coach-in-waiting. Surely that is your "smooth transition, controlled burn" strategy? If not, what do you have in mind?

We chose drum over Leigh Matthews. Let that sink in.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

[/QUOTE]

I was talking about how they were removed, would just like some class, respect shown and planning for change.

Back