Strategy Who should get De-Listed/Traded at Years End

Remove this Banner Ad

The end has come for Caff but that's ok. He had a good career and has something not many Collingwood players have in the modern era. As for Broomhead, his run with injury has been frustrating but unless he wants a move I can't see him being delisted or traded yet. He has something many of our players lack, skill.
Agree on both. Good points.
Macaffer, alas, it's looking past him now. He had a good run for basically a well committed average talent player.
I always thought he lacked enough scoreboard impact or enough possessions, sans his tagging year which was terrific.
Still he can move into say coaching or his next career with a good body of football behind him. For that he deserves great applause and for his apparant great attitude to training etc.

Broomhead looks to have above average skills esp by foot. Just needs a clear run at it health wise.
Could he be our Breust type? There is plenty of scope I would think.
I'd only move him for some outstanding draft piece or deal.
But others know stuff like this better than me.

Almost?

Macaffer is the first name on the delist pile
Ahem, golds is first. Sorry couldn't let golds off.
But yes this is it for Macaffer good servant and all

Apparently the Lions (and others) want Witts.

"THE BRISBANE Lions are eyeing out-of-contract Collingwood ruckman Jarrod Witts as they look to bolster their big man department at the end of the year.

Witts has struggled to break into the Magpies' line-up this year, featuring in just two games and falling behind American import Mason Cox in the club's ruck preferences.

The Lions are one of several clubs believed to have the 23-year-old on their recruiting radar as they deal with a shortage of ruck options."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-01/brisbane-lions-target-outofcontract-magpie

Caff should be our runner next year. Apparently well liked and will be good for the team to have him around
Interesting idea.
Tony shaw did it previously too.

depends on who is coaching next year. New coach and some of these potential delists may turn into an extra year on the list. Who knows but Maccaffer, Toovey, Brown and Goldsack were best 22 once, albeit injury has stifled them.

depends on who is coaching next year. New coach and some of these potential delists may turn into an extra year on the list. Who knows but Maccaffer, Toovey, Brown and Goldsack were best 22 once, albeit injury has stifled them.

Brown still is and will be for three or for years yet.

Frost is a potato.

"THE BRISBANE Lions are eyeing out-of-contract Collingwood ruckman Jarrod Witts as they look to bolster their big man department at the end of the year.

Witts has struggled to break into the Magpies' line-up this year, featuring in just two games and falling behind American import Mason Cox in the club's ruck preferences.

The Lions are one of several clubs believed to have the 23-year-old on their recruiting radar as they deal with a shortage of ruck options."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-01/brisbane-lions-target-outofcontract-magpie
They say that you shouldn't cry over sport.
GWS wanted our 1st round pick and Witts(our VFL ruckman) for Traloar..
Instead we gave them 2 years of 1st round picks..WTF
(I might have to attend our general meeting this year..our list manager needs the finger pointed at him)

They say that you shouldn't cry over sport.
GWS wanted our 1st round pick and Witts(our VFL ruckman) for Traloar..
Instead we gave them 2 years of 1st round picks..WTF
(I might have to attend our general meeting this year..our list manager needs the finger pointed at him)
How do you suggest they trade a contracted player who didn't want to go?

Possible Retirement:
Swan

In Some Danger of being Traded, Delisted or Retired Off:

Brent Macaffer
Tyson Goldsack
Travis Cloke
Matthew Goodyear
Ben Sinclair
Darrean Wyatt

In Real Danger of Being Delisted:
Tim Broomhead
Alan Toovey
Corey Gault
Jarrod Witts
Tim Golds
You'd delist Broomhead but we are bringing in a coke head Josh Thomas to replace him. Makes sense..

How do you suggest they trade a contracted player who didn't want to go?
If they want a guy to move.
He'll move.
Witts is from NSW.
Heath Shaw was moved on against his own will.
Nathan.."Wittsy, your not part of our future. I think that you should take this job offer"
Jarrod..."yeah. Suppose you're right!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a mistake to let Witts go at the age of 24. When he hits 26-30 he'll be one of the best ruckman in the comp.

Should Grundy get injured in next 5 years we will have no proper ruckmen.

Witts isn't aggressive enough, I don't think he'll cut it as a #1 ruck. I think we should trade him before his currency goes down.

Cox could be the back up ruck

i watched Witts play VFL what 5 years ago..
I liked what I saw.
5 minutes here or there. He had no tank early days.
I think that he may have peaked.
Let's be honest.
Witts vs Top 10 pick.
Most teams would trade their mum for a top 10 pick.
Big stuff up.

Last edited:

Our turn to bend them over again it seems.

We can swap their first for our second.

Brisbane trading will be comical again if this happens. Wait for Mathews or Swan to make some stupid statement and then do the polar opposite.

Does Brisbane have anyone worth swapping witts for? Or will we be loading up on second rounders given up for aish?

It would be a mistake to let Witts go at the age of 24. When he hits 26-30 he'll be one of the best ruckman in the comp.

Should Grundy get injured in next 5 years we will have no proper ruckmen.

I agree with this and that's why I'd want a good deal for him to leave. He's better than many of the spuds going around now.
I'd love to know how further advanced witts and Grundy would be if we had proper "ruck" coach.

Anyone who thinks witts won't be a very good ruckman will be eating their words when this young giant plays number one ruck for games on end.

He's 209cm has a big body and still learning the fine intricacies of being a good ruckman.

He'd be perfect for gws, mummy would be the perfect role model for him.

I agree with this and that's why I'd want a good deal for him to leave. He's better than many of the spuds going around now.
I'd love to know how further advanced witts and Grundy would be if we had proper "ruck" coach.

Anyone who thinks witts won't be a very good ruckman will be eating their words when this young giant plays number one ruck for games on end.

He's 209cm has a big body and still learning the fine intricacies of being a good ruckman.

He'd be perfect for gws, mummy would be the perfect role model for him.

I agree too. There's a lot of hate for Witts on this board, but he went into the year as our no 1. ruck after outperforming Grundy in the pre-season, played a poor game, was injured, dominated the 2s, and then was given one more game. If he had continuity, I think in 2 years he'll be one of the best in the competition. But I can't see him staying. Bucks will say, "Grundy is in front of you" and he'll have to move. GWS would be for a player maybe, Brisbane for a pick. I'm expecting we get a 2nd round for him from Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back