Strategy Who should get De-Listed/Traded at Years End

Remove this Banner Ad

You think the Gault luck will continue?

Gault.
Golds.
Macaffer.

Would all have to be on thin ice.

As you said:
Swan pending his injury is a possible retirement.
Cloke and Brown are a possibility to seek a trade but not guaranteed.
Club may look to get back into the draft Oxely and Witts have had interest from Brisbane, with Witts also having a few other potential suitors.
Also think Toovey will be looking else where.

It's easy to forget Gault. He's gone!!!!!!!

You think the Gault luck will continue?

Gault.
Golds.
Macaffer.

Would all have to be on thin ice.

As you said:
Swan pending his injury is a possible retirement.
Cloke and Brown are a possibility to seek a trade but not guaranteed.
Club may look to get back into the draft Oxely and Witts have had interest from Brisbane, with Witts also having a few other potential suitors.
Also think Toovey will be looking else where.
After another knock, Toovey may have to retire sadly.

Retire:
Caff
Toovey

Delist or Trade
Gault
Oxley
Witts :'(

Not sure Golds will make it but may be kept on the list for one more year and don't expect too many changes as we need some stability.

After another knock, Toovey may have to retire sadly.

Retire:
Caff
Toovey

Delist or Trade
Gault
Oxley
Witts :'(

Not sure Golds will make it but may be kept on the list for one more year and don't expect too many changes as we need some stability.

Not sure why they would keep Golds on? would be like giving someone a year on a list just for being a good bloke.

He is struggling to get a kick at VFL level and he is a 4th year player.

Then again I guess we did it for Gault so who knows but at least with Gault they could use the "he is tall and they take time" excuse for him.:persevere:

You rate golds??
He rates. justifies and defends anything our Club does no matter the case and has done so for years.

Did someone mention club plants the other day?

He rates. justifies and defends anything our Club does no matter the case and has done so for years.

Did someone mention club plants the other day?
Close to the definition of a supporter isn't it?

Ahh, yes, lets talk about the most obvious delistees (Gault, Golds), and not have any cold hard opinions on some of the morons running around in the senior team at the moment.

Ah yes let's throw all our experienced players out and bring in kids with promise that don't eventuate to anything

Close to the definition of a supporter isn't it?
That's akin to calling people that swallowed and tolerated everything their ruling bodies ever heaped upon them patriots.

That's akin to calling people that swallowed and tolerated everything their ruling bodies ever heaped upon them patriots.
You're just so much fun PB to have around :D - don't ever change

You're just so much fun PB to have around :D - don't ever change
Does this mean you're going to wipe off all the warning points I've accumulated for my innocuous and gentle as summer's breeze posting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Witts will end up a big boy by age 26 27 he'll be like Mumford.

Mumford is a great ruck because he is angry and smashes blokes, Witts is a cat who doesn't use his weight and height to smash blokes.

If Witts had Grundy or Mumfords aggression he'd be an awesome player. instead he is just a taller version of Cam Wood.

Last edited:
just to give a clear picture of out potential BEST 22 next year and what depth we have.

AFL/Potential Best 22

B: Tom Langdon, Nathan Brown, Marley Williams
HB: Matthew Scharenberg, Ben Reid, Jackson Ramsay
C: Steele Sidebottom, Taylor Adams, Jack Crisp
HF: Alex Fasolo, Travis Cloke, Travis Varcoe
F: Jamie Elliot, Darcy Moore, Jessie White
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Adam Treloar
Int: Levi Greenwood, Jordan De Goey, Jeremy Howe, Dane Swan

VFL/Depth

B: Tyson Goldsack, Jack Frost, Brayden Maynard
HB: Alan Toovey, Lachie Keefe, Adam Oxley
C: Matthew Goodyear, Rupert Wills, Josh Smith
HF: Tim Broomhead, Mason Cox, James Aish
F: Jarryd Blair, Corey Gault, Tom Phillips
Foll: Jarrod Witts, Josh Thomas, Brent Macaffer
Int: Jonathon Marsh, Ben Sinclair, Brayden Sier, Ben Crocker, Tim Golds

looks good on paper, very strong VFL squad. however lot C grade battlers that will perform their role but wont really push us where we need to be.

we have some real work to do.

Highlighted Red are my potential delist/retire
Highlighted Blue are my potential trade bait

Last edited:
We should have a couple who could be re-homed.

A few who should give it away and a couple who should be shown the door.

WITTS, OXLEY, FROST = Trade
SWAN:(, MACAFFER, TO OBEY =Retire
GOLDS, GAULT, GOODYEAR =Delist

Just keep Swan :)

From what I've been told, he has a 3 year deal in front of him, yet to be signed. The club rates him, it's a matter of whether or not he decides to repay the faith.

Broomhead might request a trade home then... and if so he would be worth 2nd round pick IMO. I remember being worried about scharenberg leaving before he resigned - feel like he will leave at some stage.

It's an ongoing risk when drafting players from S.A and W.A. I half wish they would just sign Victorian players. Hopefully Grundy stays hipster enough to keep valuing Melbourne over Rundle Mall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back