Strategy Who should get De-Listed/Traded at Years End

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd round pick for Broomhead is a bit generous. It's been four years and he never broke into the best 22, and has hardly showed anything when playing.

Look for options, otherwise delist and re-draft as rookie.
There's no way in hell we'd get away with delisting and rookie listing him. Can tell you now that Adelaide is interested and will be all over him if we got rid of him.

Why would Adelaide want him with Menzel and Milera in the reserves and guys like Lyons are at the club?
Ask Adelaide that. I can only pass on what I've been told by others in the know.

2nd round pick for Broomhead is a bit generous. It's been four years and he never broke into the best 22, and has hardly showed anything when playing.

Look for options, otherwise delist and re-draft as rookie.

We got a 2nd round for Seedsman who played 40 odd games over four seasons, and a 2nd round for Freeman who sat out two years of football... pacey line break type players are valued. Broomhead also has a healthy 19 goals in 21 games and IMO is worth worth a 2nd round Adelaide or Port pick if he were to request a trade.

We got a 2nd round for Seedsman who played 40 odd games over four seasons, and a 2nd round for Freeman who sat out two years of football... pacey line break type players are valued. Broomhead also has a healthy 19 goals in 21 games and IMO is worth worth a 2nd round Adelaide or Port pick if he were to request a trade.
If you were those clubs' list manager, would you throw your 2nd round pick at a VFL player with minimal league experience? A 3rd is the absolute best we could go with. This years' draft is pretty fine and odds lean towards the 2nd round draftee being superior to Broomhead.

If you were those clubs' list manager, would you throw your 2nd round pick at a VFL player with minimal league experience? A 3rd is the absolute best we could go with. This years' draft is pretty fine and odds lean towards the 2nd round draftee being superior to Broomhead.
I think you're chronically under rating Broomy, but each to their own.

The conditioning staff; Michael Christian (for letting Jay 'The Weazel' Clark into our club); Tony Jones (for showing Buckley at training shooting a snot rocket), and pies fans who knife their own players on threads such as this.

The conditioning staff; Michael Christian (for letting Jay 'The Weazel' Clark into our club); Tony Jones (for showing Buckley at training shooting a snot rocket), and pies fans who knife their own players on threads such as this.

Sorry for having standards.

Delist or potentially trade:
Frost
Gault
Sinclair
Caff (retain for VFL or potential assistant coach?)
Wyatt

Trade:
Witts
Toovey
Broomhead ( I really like him too...but....)
Goldsack
Williams
Cloke (hurts...but another...but...)

On an unrelated note, worth changing captaincy next year? Nothing against Pendles, just a fresh face, give Scott a chance to run around unbridled!

I copped a lot of s**t for wanting Williams to be traded, I'm happy to stand by my list so far, possibly happy to keep Cloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a long look at the list and we are in seriously bad shape. I've counted we have about 9 veterans that are pretty much finished or don't offer much at afl level; and we have about 10 young players who are just aren't up to it or are likely trade bait.

Veterans:
Macaffer,
Goldsack,
White,
Blair,
Brown,
Sinclair (I think he is done due to injuries),
Cloke,
Toovey,
Swan (Retirement unfortunately).

Young players:
Witts (Trade bait & Grundy is much better),
Keeffe (Druggie),
Thomas (Druggie),
Williams (Trade Bait & players like Smith, Maynard, Ramsay may have gone past him),
Goodyear,
Broomhead (Injuries & probably needs a new start like Ben Kennedy did),
Golds,
Oxley,
Gault,
Frost.

Obviously we are not going to turn over 19 players in 1 offseason. But if we going to keep 7/8 of the above, I think it would be these players.
Swan (if he wants to return), Witts, Keeffe, Thomas, Williams, Goodyear, Broomhead, Frost (Has speed which is something Nathan Brown doesn't have).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back