Who should have the coveted number 23?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Who should have the converted number 23?

Hawkk said:

Only memoriable thing about 2001 was the QF Final about the scum.
Oh so close.

Adelaide Hawk said:
2001 had it's own special mediocrity. 8 wins in the first 8 matches, then we won only 5 games in final 14 rounds. A reasonably good finals series flattered us a little.

Very true. :thumbsdown:

Hawkk said:
1996 was also good, just to make the finals was a hell of an achievement

Lost to the swans in Sydney by a goal :(

We were flying that night until Dunstall went down.

The irony is that if we would have won we would have knocked Essendon out of the finals. Which would have been even better then usual since it was Salmon's first year away from the ugg booters.

What about the 2001 semi final at Football Park in the Wet, one of my favourite games of all time :thumbsu:

Adelaide Hawk said:
And to those of us Hawks who live in Adelaide, it was FANTASTIC!!!!
I loved listening to it on radio with a SA feed. Talk about one eyed. Adelaide Hawk I can understand what you have to put up with through those stupid commentators. I shudder to think of the locals :eek:

Hawkk said:
We were flying that night until Dunstall went down.

The irony is that if we would have won we would have knocked Essendon out of the finals. Which would have been even better then usual since it was Salmon's first year away from the ugg booters.

What about the 2001 semi final at Football Park in the Wet, one of my favourite games of all time :thumbsu:

OH crap i forgot about the final, Fantastic :)

Go JOHNNNYYYY BBBAARRRKKKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Hawkk said:
I danced in the streets that night. What makes it better is when you listen to the parochial South Australian commentary as well, its rather enjoyable.

At least we started the Port choke. :D

Hawkk said:
I loved listening to it on radio with a SA feed. Talk about one eyed. Adelaide Hawk I can understand what you have to put up with through those stupid commentators. I shudder to think of the locals :eek:

If it's radio station 5AA you're talking about, they are a joke. I don't listen to them which means I have to rely upon the paper and Internet for my footy news. We had SEN in Adelaide for a few months which was fantastic, but it went off air.

I have a mate who was doing the stats for 5AA that evening, he is an avid Hawks fan. He said when the siren rang and Hawks won, everyone in the 5AA box were devastated, and he just wanted to jump up and down and punch the air with delight. One of the great nights in Hawk history.

Adelaide Hawk said:
If it's radio station 5AA you're talking about, they are a joke. I don't listen to them which means I have to rely upon the paper and Internet for my footy news. We had SEN in Adelaide for a few months which was fantastic, but it went off air.

I have a mate who was doing the stats for 5AA that evening, he is an avid Hawks fan. He said when the siren rang and Hawks won, everyone in the 5AA box were devastated, and he just wanted to jump up and down and punch the air with delight. One of the great nights in Hawk history.
yeah it was 5AA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. 27 has some great history too.

002_No_27_Roy_Simmonds_John_Barker_Alle_De_Wolde_David_Parkin.jpg

Roy Simmonds, John Barker, Alle de Wolde, David Parkin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back