Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can Pyke and Mrs Pyke see that?
A lot of coaches seem to ref their family when announcing big decisions, or looking at all new options these days. With interstate moves, kids in school etc, it obv affects a lot of people, and shows how important their support network is in making these decisions.

Even Sam Mitchell had to name & ref his kids approving his move back to hawthorn from WC when he left there., which is a step too far I reckon. Even if it was tongue in cheek.

Along with Clarko naming his wife, then ref'ing his son's educational timeline, and even Eddie calling out his kid's first names when making the decision to step down.

personally have no problem with someone like Pyke saying he will talk to his wife. But when Clarko, Ed, Mitchell or Hamish Mclaughlin start naming their kids or wives in interviews... like we should know them, or care / acknowledge who they are, is pure egotism imo

I think you can pretty much ignore all other media commentary on the Hawks succession plan and Clarkson’s future other than Dunstall’s.

He had all the direct knowledge straight from the horses mouth and laid it all out, without divulging the specifics of their conversation.

Essentially Clarkson is available to those brave enough to go get him.

My big worry is that we definitely aren’t as an attractive option as a club like the blues if they do.

I'm not so sure about that. Carlton are proven losers for 2 decades. It goes deeper than the playing list.

Clarko most likely playing it beautifully. Hawks forced to honour his contract, as the top dog, or pay him out $1.2m. End of next year he's perfectly placed to take a role like Gold Coast... get away from Melbourne media, with a $1m - $2m subsidised cherry from Gillon to go and get some sun and develop one of the best young lists in the land.

Clarko most likely playing it beautifully. Hawks forced to honour his contract, as the top dog, or pay him out $1.2m. End of next year he's perfectly placed to take a role like Gold Coast... get away from Melbourne media, with a $1m - $2m subsidised cherry from Gillon to go and get some sun and develop one of the best young lists in the land.
Ok then - so we grill Pyke, Yze, Kingsley etc to get best available - fine by me.

If Clarkson it plays out that Clarko does stay at the Hawks next year, it doesn't rule out him coming to us. We can make an informal agreement with him to come in 2023 and leave Harvey as caretaker, or even appoint Clarkos nominated assistant as caretaker for a year developing our youngsters.
Clarko being at Hawthorn 2022 doesn't have to kill off the chance of getting Clarko to the Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Clarkson it plays out that Clarko does stay at the Hawks next year, it doesn't rule out him coming to us. We can make an informal agreement with him to come in 2023 and leave Harvey as caretaker, or even appoint Clarkos nominated assistant as caretaker for a year developing our youngsters.
Clarko being at Hawthorn 2022 doesn't have to kill off the chance of getting Clarko to the Pies.

You don't think that having an agreement with Collingwood --including a nominated representative in charge-- while coaching another club poses a few difficult issues?

You don't think that having an agreement with Collingwood --including a nominated representative in charge-- while coaching another club poses a few difficult issues?
That would be grounds for Hawthorn to cut Clarko immediately.
He can’t have a foot in both Clubs…it’s one or the other.

That would be grounds for Hawthorn to cut Clarko immediately.
He can’t have a foot in both Clubs…it’s one or the other.

None of the parties would entertain or put up with such a conflict. A succession plan within one club is difficult enough.

I don't mind lateral thinking, but this is a sideways spin right over the cliff with a fireball explosion for dramatic effect.

It would if it was formal... From an optics point of view.
Informality poses it's own risk too no doubt.

Off record discussions and informal head nods are nothing new in coaching and player movements.
Clarko has been told his services are no longer required. He's entitled to make arrangements for his next job just like anyone else would in that circumstance.

I don't subscribe to the endless speculation the media is writing about. The club has been clear about the process and casting the net far and wide. Its one of the few things they have gotten right over the past few years so I'm on board supporting the process.

It should ensure we get the best available candidate - that's really all we can ask for. That may not be Clarkson as many are pinning their hopes on - and frankly he may not be the right person given we are on a significant rejuvenation of our list.

I've been strong on Pyke from the outset - Premiership player, been in the hot seat at the Crows took them to a GF. A lot to like about his role in Sydney. Think if we put the right support crew around him he could be a good fit.

But we have to trust the process will get the right person ...... as long as its not Voss or Brad Scott 🤮

I don't subscribe to the endless speculation the media is writing about. The club has been clear about the process and casting the net far and wide. Its one of the few things they have gotten right over the past few years so I'm on board supporting the process.

It should ensure we get the best available candidate - that's really all we can ask for. That may not be Clarkson as many are pinning their hopes on - and frankly he may not be the right person given we are on a significant rejuvenation of our list.

I've been strong on Pyke from the outset - Premiership player, been in the hot seat at the Crows took them to a GF. A lot to like about his role in Sydney. Think if we put the right support crew around him he could be a good fit.

But we have to trust the process will get the right person ...... as long as its not Voss or Brad Scott 🤮
If Voss or either Scott brother------- hello Melbourne Storm !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back