Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caro on Footy Classified claims Brad Scott is a frontrunner if he chooses to apply for the job.

Has to make his mind up on whether he wants to replace Steven Hocking in the AFL or apply for the Collingwood job.

So she's dropped her scoop that Clarko and Mitchell were at war just days after spreading the rumour?
Keep chucking darts Caro....one might stick.

I can’t listen to Ed as a media commentator.
It’s ok to have a rant about what he wants to happen with the board / coach but FMD he always overtalks / snide comments while others are talking / cuts people off…just let people speak FFS
Caro is asked a direct Q about the coaching situation by Lloyd and he jumps in again after he’s has a 2-minute blow up

Made me not care about the whole situation

Last edited:
Honest Q for those who know, what would the club see in:
- Scott
- Voss
I can see the attraction/ qualities of other candidates but don’t understand these choices

On Brad Scott, I don't think he's the worst option out there but I describe him as a "sideways" move rather than an upgrade on Buckley.

Scott coached 10 seasons at North for two prelims (2014, 2015) and 4 finals. Some have argued that with North's limited resources, he didn't do a terrible job in the circumstances.

Personally he wouldn't be high on my priority list. I would either go for Clarkson or Pyke if you want experience, or look at an experienced assistant such as Kingsley, Caracella or Yze.

On Brad Scott, I don't think he's the worst option out there but I describe him as a "sideways" move rather than an upgrade on Buckley.

Scott coached 10 seasons at North for two prelims (2014, 2015) and 4 finals. Some have argued that with North's limited resources, he didn't do a terrible job in the circumstances.

Personally he wouldn't be high on my priority list. I would either go for Clarkson or Pyke if you want experience, or look at an experienced assistant such as Kingsley, Caracella or Yze.

That argument is so thin that it isn't funny. Limited resources or not, 10 years to build a list and you only get to a prelim? Wouldve kept Buckley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t listen to Ed as a media commentator.
It’s ok to have a rant about what he wants to happen with the board / coach but FMD he always overtalks / snide comments while others are talking / cuts people off…just let people speak FFS
Caro is asked a direct Q about the coaching situation by Lloyd and he jumps in again after he’s has a 2-minute blow up

Made not care about the whole situation

Agreed. Sounded like a right tool this evening. Usually I like Ed but when the topic is Collingwood he shouldn't be anywhere near it.

That argument is so thin that it isn't funny. Limited resources or not, 10 years to build a list and you only get to a prelim? Wouldve kept Buckley.
It's not my argument, it's just one that I've heard from those who are interested in B.Scott.

Personally, I would look elsewhere.

FWIW just caught up with one of our ex players and he thinks it will be Choco Williams.

He also gave Tapping a very strong endorsement.
I don't mind that.

My worry is can Millennials handle a Choco being the softies that they are?

Has done the top job before, plus worked as an assistant at Collingwood, and is highly rated by the players and officials that saw first hand what he did whilst with us (not many left tbf).

Wouldnt hate it, but personally think he has been out of the game a bit and doesnt have the blemish-free cv that Kingsley has. Time for the committee to show some foresight (& balls) and make an inspired choice...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back