Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn’t advocate for it but modern coaching has changed and Lisa is an excellent coach. I have no doubt she would do a better job than people who can’t look past her gender would think

She’s a rock in a hard place, no AFL club will hire her with no football experience, and fair enough too I guess. But she’s too good and proud of a coach to start in the lower leagues which I completely understand when it’s someone of her quality.

Be fun laughing at all the Buckley haters though. :D

You can laugh right at me if it happens.
I don’t think I’d be able to handle the humiliation to even turn up to work if it eventuated.
It would be the most embarrassing moment ever and we have had our fair share of those over the years

P.S. someone please spare me the sexist card etc.
Hiring a netball coach ...there would be nothing more humiliating
If we think this way as fans...imagine the players....I can already see the exodus or the press having a field day with taboo PR topics within our walls when something does go wrong

We’ve taken on a player who never played the game.
Why wouldn’t we take on a coach who has never played the game?
Being male or female is immaterial.
I would have no problem with a person who had great tactical and motivational skills coaching CFC.

Im sorry but I can’t be alone in thinking how stupid this line of thinking is?
forget playing the game.
appointing someone who has never worked or coached in AFL football is unforgivable

The two most succesful coaches in NFL history never played the game although one Vince Lombardi played at college level.
Bill Belichick and Vince Lombardi.
NBA littered with coaches that have never played.

Eventually we will see a woman coaching at the highest level.

Lisa Wilkinson would be best getting a coaching gig with an AFLW team and go from there.

The two most succesful coaches in NFL history never played the game although one Vince Lombardi played at college level.

Lisa Wilkinson would be best getting a coaching gig with an AFLW team and go from there.

Why do we keep mentioning playing the game?
You need to have worked in the industry...assistant coach, badges etc.
You eventually build your way up through a body of work that can’t be overlooked.

A netball coach...walking into a foreign sport with no experience whatsoever...I don’t care what you say but this is the stupidest thing I have heard.

Imagine Alastair Clarkson coming out saying I want to be the manager of Manchester City and pumping himself up like he has the skillset and expertise to do the job.....Laughable

Im sorry but I can’t be alone in thinking how stupid this line of thinking is?
forget playing the game.
appointing someone who has never worked or coached in AFL football is unforgivable
These days the coaching model is based on the head coach being more motivational, tactical and organisational.
A good head coach surrounds themselves with assistants do to the grunt work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These days the coaching model is based on the head coach being more motivational, tactical and organisational.
A good head coach surrounds themselves with assistants do to the grunt work.

Rubbish.
Yes you need that skillset you mentioned no doubt about it...but no head coach in any sport doesn’t have a hands on approach tactically and the basic skills of the game itself you are coaching and teaching young players.
They will delegate to assistants but they are carrying out the coaches plan...
If what you were say was spot on...then just hire the assistants to do the main job...

P
Why do we keep mentioning playing the game?
You need to have worked in the industry...assistant coach, badges etc.
You eventually build your way up through a body of work that can’t be overlooked.

A netball coach...walking into a foreign sport with no experience whatsoever...I don’t care what you say but this is the stupidest thing I have heard.

Imagine Alastair Clarkson coming out saying I want to be the manager of Manchester City and pumping himself up like he has the skillset and expertise to do the job.....Laughable
Perhaps you should read my post again. I agree, Lisa Wilkinson needs to do the hard yards for a few years before contemplating being a Coach of an AFL side.

Still a long way away though

It's not beyond the realms of possibility. I long argued that Rick Charlesworth would make a great AFL coach. It depends how much coaching is motivation and how much is practical . In any case the senior coach's role I suspect is more about delegating observing and motivating rather than skills teaching or even tactical knowledge
90% of optimal performance is what happens between the ears and I suspect the art of coaching is about creating an environment where people can unlock their potential
Charlesworth was the first assistant coach to have a stronger focus on defence

Charlesworth was the first assistant coach to have a stronger focus on defence
I wasn't aware that he was an assistant anywhere. I can tell you he's an amazing coach in a leadership, tactical and collegiate sense. I reckon he's be worth a punt in the AFL system- remembering that he represented WA at state level footy

None of these blokes fill me with any confidence whatsoever id seriously just rather go with a young bloke and see what happens.

gee the next 5 years or so are going to be bleak for the club and really boring
the young blokes are the ones that have been exposed in the past... Teague, Shaw, Primus, Leppitsch (too early), Voss (too early), Hird (too early), Bucks (too early).

Seems to be a consensus that you need 10 years coaching experience before taking on the top job now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back